Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Orange and Hot Pink

Couldn't resist making a card for the JUGS Color Week Challenge, Orange and Hot Pink.  I remembered that my pink Zig is really bright and thought it would work.  It can be softened with water, but full strength is Hot Pink!  
My newest SSS flower die is Beautiful Buttercup, so wanted to use them.  The blooms were watercolored with pink and orange Zigs and the stems with a beige Zig.  I found 2 orange cardstocks in my stash that went together and used Elizabeth Craft Designs oval die cuts.  The center oval was embossed with SSS Dibble Tile folder--also new.  Thought the sweet Poppystamps Scribble Hello was the perfect sentiment.  It's colored with the pink Zig, stacked and covered with Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  I actually had this card finished a couple days ago, but had a terrible time getting decent pictures.  Tried again today and this will have to do.  I'm also entering WAW
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. I love that you made a shaped card, Greta! Those flowers are as sweet as they can be and look great on the embossed panel. Thanks so much for playing along at JUGs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty and eye-catching with its hot pink and orange flowers along with the texture you added and the oval shape!!! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour palette Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shaped card and you really made those color sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep looking at that flower and have held off so far but this is making me rethink it. Your card is just beautiful. The zigs were perfect for this color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun design, Greta. The flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful Greta. I hardly ever used orange but this combo of colours is superb. Love the gorgeous shaped card and that touch of embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot, hot, hot every way, love, love, love this Greta. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful oval card and great take on the orange/pink combo, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta I love your orange and hot pink card! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos on your pink buttercups and vivid orange background. A stunning combination of colors and texture~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I commented on this one, but I guess not. The bright pink and orange is so pretty! I do love those buttercup flower dies! Love the oval shape and embossing, too, for your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.