Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Time Out Challenge #269

Here's my DT card for Time Out Challenges #269.  We're asking you to be inspired by the words from Lily Pulitzer:  "It's always summer somewhere."  Our generous sponsor is Varada Sharma. 
I used to buy lots of individual sheets of 12x12 printed paper, just because I liked it.  Most of it has not been used and I'm sure a lot of you can relate. 😀 Luckily, I found coordinating sheets I still love that were perfect for the challenge! 
Flying kites is a big thing at our beaches and many towns have kite stores.  No surprise since it's usually windy over there.  I've always liked kite images, but the reason I couldn't resist this paper is the beautiful glitter.  I didn't want to cover up much of the design, so I went with this simple layout that works great with pretty papers.  The Winnie and Walter word die was inked in PTI Pure Poppy, stacked and covered with glaze.  Celebrate is also from a W&W set and was white embossed on a black strip.  I can use this as a birthday or friendship card and it's mail friendly.  Hope you'll check out all the inspiration on the blog and play along.
I'm entering SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


16 comments:

  1. Very pretty Greta! I have more patterned papers than I know what to do with and this is a super layout for using up some of them! Love that summer die - I so miss W & W! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Greta, lovely design. I can certainly relate to buying lovely 12 x 12 papers and never using them because they are too nice to cut up! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Greta. I still have a few sheets of 12x12 papers too. I did chop up quite a bit into 6x6 pieces. Love the two you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Greta! These papers were a great find and make a very cute card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so livelthis wonderful, colorful, summery card, Greta. I love to fly kites at the beach... this makes me warm and smily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved flying a kite when I was a kid... I haven't done it in simply forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colours and I bet the shine makes it even more special in real life xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun kite papers, Greta - love the striped bottom too with the summer word die cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Greta. The pattern papers are so bright and cheerful. They definitely invoke a feeling of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This paper so colorful and fun. No one around here flies kites anymore that I know of. There are too many trees and power lines in the way and that's a shame. This is a delightful card and I can certainly relate to tons of 12 x 12 pattern paper here not being used. Like you, I bought it because I loved the colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we used to go to Gulf Shores in the winter, there was a man from our condo that flew kites almost every day. That patterned paper reminds me of those days and you've paired it well with the stripes and die cut sentiment, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly warm and sunny Greta with this sweet papers with their summery images and colours! Such fun! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful Summery card,, love the papers and your lovely sentiments. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very fun summer card, Greta! Wonderful patterned papers! Love all the colorful kites!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The paper is lovely and makes a fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card and a great Summer activity! Great use of DP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.