Saturday, August 31, 2024

Christmas and Birthday

I missed posting my card for last month's Woodblock Wednesday, so had it ready to go for the August challenge.  DeNami was one of the first companies I discovered when I started stamping.  I still have and love many of them, including this one from 1999.  
I stamped in Versafine Clair Green Oasis and PTI Pure Poppy.  Birch Press Handwritten Merry Christmas and Outline was die cut from vellum and cardstock I inked with Pure Poppy.  You can see the green and red Stickles in my IG post.  I love how beautiful elements let you create a simple card that is pretty and festive, but flat for mailing.  

Finally finished my card for the August Stay Crafty with Hero challenge.  I was the lucky winner of May's card kit which has a beautiful cake image.  I've been telling myself to use my Zigs, so gold embossed with HA powder on Bristol paper.  
The images are are pretty small, so not as intimidating for me to color.  I learned from Amy Tsuruta that Zig makes a blender brush.  Oh boy does it work great!  The cake plate was colored with Spellbinders gold pen, although here it looks brown.  I used a gold gel pen to cover the white edges after diecutting.  The kraft mat and card front were splattered with gold watercolor.  
The Gina Marie rectangle diecut was in the bag where I store the ones waiting to be used.  Usually I forget to check it!😊 I found just the sentiment I wanted in the 2011 HA set called Congrats and it stamped perfectly with one try.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday and Allsorts challenge to include a sentiment, hosted by my friend Brenda.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



15 comments:

  1. Grete, truly a SWEET card! The delicate gold frame, oh my, it's so gorgeous!! Love the cake. (This whole challenge has me craving sweets, to be honest!) I have a HUGE sweet tooth.
    Going over the edges with the gold pen, BRILLIANT!

    Thanks for sharing this sweet card with Stay Crafty Challenge with a Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized that as a DeNami stamp right away! It looks so pretty with that fancy sentiment. Wonderful card Greta and so is that cake... WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling cards, Greta! I too love DeNami and your holly looks amazing! Cute cake too - have to laugh, I'm an HA kit subscriber and didn't even know that cake was in a kit. Might not have open the box yet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely traditional looking Christmas card Greta and a rather lovely Birthday cake.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Greta, shows how on the ball I am (not) this morning as I totally missed your link to Allsorts, so nice to have you join us, many thanks and for adding a sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty, and pretty sweet too! Thanks so much for joining the A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely want that for my cake. Beautiful! Thanks for entering the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, I love both of your projects. The holiday design for Woodblock Wednesday is classic elegance. Thank you so much for taking the time to join me for the August Challenge.

    Your beautiful birthday cake is fabulous. Isn't that blender brush AMAZING??!!!! Such a lovely card Greta. Thanks so much for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. I love the simplicity of the first one and all that lovely gold on the second. Your cake looks delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing cake and you've coloured it beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts. 1999 seems like only yesterday lol! Pretty Christmas card too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those pretty DeNami Design images on your beautiful Christmas card, Greta! They really had some pretty ones, didn't they? The birthday card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Allsorts, beautiful jewel colours. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two more beautiful cards, Greta! Such lovely DeNami stamp images for your lovely Christmas card! And, love the birthday cake colored so pretty! Wonderful gold frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love DeNami stamps! They are fresh and clean yet so many interesting details. The greenery you used is gorgeous and just right with a red sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.