Thursday, August 22, 2024

Memory Box and Poppystamps

Getting close to the end of August--how did that happen?!  At least I have my cards done for the challenges at Memory Box and Poppystamps. 
I recently saw some Christmas cards with ornaments and that inspired me to use Memory Box 2014 Holly Ornament die set.
I do love cream, green and gold for the holidays and my Memory Box glitter cardstock pack includes the beautiful green I used.  SSS Matte Gold cardstock is a favorite and was just right for this card.  You can see the shine and sparkle in my IG post.  I love Birch Press Design Merry Christmas Vintage Sentiment.  It's a great size and you can get several different looks.  
As you probably know, I love dry embossing.  One of the first 3D folders I got years ago was Tim Holtz Botanical and the design is still one of my favorites.  I rubbed the top edges of the cream embossed panel with a gold ink pad which adds to the elegant look in person.  I'm entering Memory Box Happy Holidays/Winter and WAW.  
Guess I should have posted my Poppystamps Anything Goes entry first since it's for Thanksgiving.  Obviously, I still love a lot of my older products and this card uses Poppystamps 2017 Gentle Leaf Collage die.  
Again I used cream cardstock, but this time I was inspired by Color Hues Orange and Yellow challenge.  First I die cut the leaves and covered the panel with Tim Holtz fossilized amber Distress Spritz.  You can see the shimmer in my IG post.  Then I brushed a slightly smaller panel with Distress Oxides squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade.  Took awhile as I slowly added the colors until I was happy with how they showed behind the stems and leaves.  I inked the edges of the mat and the card front with the same inks.
The sentiment from SSS Full of Thanks was stamped in spiced marmalade and clear embossed on cream cardstock.  I added a very slightly larger mat inked with spiced marmalade.  The old orange and yellow Hero Arts gems were just right to finish this card.  I'm also entering Color Hues
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. It's always great to see you in the Color Hues Gallery! I love your beautiful Thanksgiving card. The shimmer is amazing-so glad I hopped over to Instagram to see it! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards Greta. Love them both. I too love dry embossing and love that gorgeous background. Sets the ornaments off beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta these are both lovely cards but wow they way you created you orange and yellow card is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shimmery sparkly ornaments are extra festive, Greta and look wonderful on the embossed background. But it's the graceful leaves on your warm Thanksgiving card that I'm loving! It's always a treat to see one of your pretty cards in the Poppy gallery! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your thanksgiving card, what amazing splatters and lovely die. Brilliant sparkle and shine on your Christmas card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely set of cards, Greta! You can't beat cream, green and gold for a Christmas card and your ornaments are so elegant in those colors. Your take on the Color Hues combo is absolutely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards, Greta! I love the shimmer and elegance of the Christmas cards. The Thanksgiving card is amazing and all those layers and splatters are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Greta! First off your glittery Christmas card is so pretty and I love the color combo. As for your card for Color Hues...You have totally inspired me for an upcoming challenge. I love the you have the color peeking through those gorgeous leaves. This is a stunning card! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are lovely, Greta. The Christmas bulbs are classic, and that embossed background is a great touch. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you're having a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those baubles are very striking but it's the wheat card that really has to be my fav.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those shiny Christmas bulbs, so pretty! And, perfect fall card with the leaf die, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Greta! I love both of these cards! The sparkle on the first, and the clean cuts and warm fall colors on the second. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.