Monday, August 26, 2024

Surprise, surprise--Cards with Pink!

Most of you know, I love pink.  So you're probably not surprised that I have 2 cards using pink to show you.  First is my entry for JUGS Stencil Challenge.  Layering stencils have my heart right now, along with ones to use for coloring images.  However, I've been wanting to use my retired Honey Bee Poinsettia Background stencil and thought it'd be perfect for the technique I learned in Jenny Colacicco's 2022 On-line Card Classes video.  
Altenew Rose Quartz and Puffy Heart were pressed through the stencil onto a watercolor panel which was then spritzed with water.  You can always add more ink after it dries, if you don't have the look you want.  Distress Spritz in pink raspberry was sprayed through the stencil for a beautiful shimmery finish!  You can see that and the white splatters in my IG post video.  
Love CN9 poinsettia die cut from vellum and Birch Press Merry Christmas Vintage Sentiment is definitely a favorite!  This time I used vellum for the background layer and white cardstock for the outline, without adding back in the letters.  So many looks from one die set!  I also can't get enough of Hero Arts Transluscent Enamel Dots and I'd love to have every color! 
Next is my second card for the Altenew August Inspiration Challenge.  My first entry used the colors from the graphic and this one is more the colors in the photo.  
I recently got the Delicate Botanicals Ensemble and already used Sweet Bouquet stamp, die and stencils.  Really wanted to make a card using the other products including Botanical Wreath Builder stamp and die set along with Delicate Wreath 3D embossing folder.  I only used a few of the images, so lots more cards to come. 
The inks are Altenew Baby Pink and Fuchsia, CN9 Parsley and Evergreen.  I inked the edges of the debossed panel with white and green.  Then I arranged my blooms and leaves to fit along the left side. 
Decided to use a Copic to color some clear gems as close as I could to the peachy color in the left, bottom corner of the photo.  The sentiment is from Sweet Bouquet.  I'm also entering WAW.  

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


10 comments:

  1. I can always count on pretty pink cards from you and today you gave us two! They're both marvelous, Greta. I like the depth in your poinsettia card and the sweet blooms on the second. BTW, you linked up the second card at JUGs. You should go ahead and enter your other one too! The more the merrier. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo - love the pinks, Greta!! That poinsettia stencil with vellum die cut is a winner and I love the pink sprig on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink works for me, so striking against the green.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh...love your pink cards, especially the beauty that you shared in the Just Us Girls gallery. The green embossed background really sets off your pretty florals!
    hugs~c
    Lily sends woofs to Fritz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous, love them both. The vellum on the first one really makes it luxurious and the pink and green on the second is a stunning combination. Thanks for all the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are amazing Greta. Love all the pink on your first background is stunning. The little vellum flower is the perfect finish. And love the gorgeous green background on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pinks on both cards, Greta. The technique on the poinsettia stencil gives an ethereal look to the flowers and makes a great background for the die cut poinsettia. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous cards in pink, Greta! Beautiful background that you achieved on your first card, so pretty! Lovely shades of pink with the flowers on the second card and wonderful embossed background! Great cards as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice cards! That first one is so pretty. What a great background and the flower looks great over it. The second one is a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.