Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Time Out Challenge #270

Hello Friends.  Time Out Challenge #270 is a photo inspiration challenge.  You can use anything in the photo for your project, including images or colors.  Graciellie Design is sponsoring us and will give the winner a $25 store credit.  
Our 45th anniversary is next month, so that's probably why I focused on the white heart dishes.  Perfect inspiration for hubby's card!  
Alex Syberia Quirky Hearts die set worked great for my idea of having a raised edge since the bowls inspired me.  Luckily, this card doesn't have to be mailed as I stacked the hearts 5 high!  The center solid heart was covered in white pigment ink and embossed with WOW Ultra High Clear powder multiple times!  Since I didn't use chipboard, it bent a little and cracked when I tried to make it flat.  But I just kept adding layers of ink and powder until it was repaired.  
The background is Alex Syberia Tiny Hearts Cover Die which I spritzed with Distress Mica Stain Wicked Elixir and Hero Arts Ocean Blue Metallic Spray, since hubby likes blue and green.  SSS Love die set is a favorite and was the right size.  Debated about stamping a subsentiment, but decided to use Memory Box Parker Lower Case Alphabet dies with the same green cardstock I used for love and the mat.  Usually I make hubby's card a couple days before our anniversary, so feels good to have it done in plenty of time.  Plus, I think he will really like this one.  You can find all the challenge details and lots of inspiration from my teammates and our guest designer on the blog.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Greta. 45 years is an achievement. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun challenge! Your card turned out great. Happy (early) Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for hubby made with his favorite colors. Happiest Anniversary wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful anniversary card for hubs, Greta - big congrats on 45 years!! Just love your heart dish with the pretty patterned paper behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetly romantic card. Love it. So will hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for hubby, Greta! You captured the look of a heart shaped bowl perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! Love the beautiful heart and tiny heart background! Great touch with the ink sprays, too! I'm sure your hubby will love the card! Congratulations on 45 years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Greta and perfect for your special anniversary!! Congratulations to you both on achieving 45 years!! Enjoy your celebrations! I hope you have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary to you both! Perfect colours and design for a man and I love the effect of the UTEEd heart. Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great that the bowls in the photo inspired your wonderful anniversary card for your husband, Greta. Love the background you created to put it on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.