Saturday, August 10, 2024

Pink and Brown

You know I love pink, so no surprise I made a card for Color Hues #92!  Pink is great with a lot of colors and brown is definitely one of them.  I actually had a lot of ideas, but using stencils is a favorite technique right now.  It's been quite awhile since I used SSS Layered Flowers stencils, so pulled them out.  I have a ton of inks!  Altenew Fresh Dye Ink sets make it easy to pick a couple shades of each color that go perfectly together.  I find these inks work great for stenciling, brushing on diecuts and stamping, like I did here.  This card uses Dusty Pink, Blush Rose, Sand Dunes and Rocky Shore.
The frame is Reverse Confetti, the butterflies are SSS Stitching Butterflies and the sentiment is from Altenew Sweet Bouquet.  I brushed the butterfly wings with a shimmer pen, added glaze to the bodies and slightly bent the wings forward.  
I used direct to paper so the pink mat would be a perfect match.  Beautiful pink sequins from a friend add a bit of shine without being distracting.  I'm also entering JUGS and WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, Greta! The stenciled background, the beautiful butterflies, and wonderfully framed! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go along with the use of stencils Greta, so versatile, pretty card using this one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a gorgeous card Greta. Pink and brown are awesome together. Love your butterflies against that gorgeous stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pink butterflies with the layered stencil background and frame, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Greta. That pink color is gorgeous and the butterflies are so pretty. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stenciled background peeking around the stitched frame, Greta. The butterflies are a beautiful touch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! I love this Greta, the design, the colour mix and the dies, gorgeous stencilling too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Greta, I love the colour combination.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty! Looks like a winner to me, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've framed those butterflies beautifully, Greta and I like the pretty background you gave them. This is a new favorite from you and I'm so happy to spot it in our JUGs gallery! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pink and brown is not one of my favorite combinations, but your card makes them look so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish this was my challenge as I would have my winner. This is just lovely as can be and I especially love the way you framed in the design and of course those butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, your card is so lovely! The butterflies look so pretty against the stenciled background and the frame is a great way to bring it all together. Thanks so much for sharing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, the colors and all of your perfect layers resulted in a gorgeous card! The stenciled background and the white frame show off the flowers so well! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the color combo, Greta! Love the beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, sorry I'm trying to get caught up here. You have so many lovely creations! This one is so pretty with the beautiful butterflies and design paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.