Saturday, August 17, 2024

Altenew Floral Birthday Card

One of my favorite products from guest designing for the Altenew April release is Pink Star Tulip layering die set.  I've been wanting to make another card with it and thought it'd be beautiful done with the August Inspiration Challenge colors. 
I die cut everything from white cardstock and then went through my inks to pick out colors as close as possible to the graphic.  
The petals were brushed with Raspberry Sunset, keeping the amount less on every other layer.  I added a very light layer of Cosmic Berry on top to deepen the shade.  For the detail pieces I used Rouge which is a beautiful peachy shade I'm anxious to try with other colors.  The leaves were brushed with PTI Ripe Avocado.  Last time I splattered gold watercolor on a card, I used the leftover paint in my brush to splatter several more panels.  I debated about using a black one, but decided on white since my flower is pretty dark.  Hadn't planned to splatter the flower, but couldn't help myself!  I wanted it to be subtle, so I used Raspberry Sunset ink with a little gold Perfect Pearls mixed in.  Oh boy does that make a beautiful paint!  I plan to use it for coloring a flower or maybe a butterfly.  You can see the shimmer in my IG post video.  
Originally I was going to dry emboss the background, but then I remembered how pretty it is to have a light inking behind a focal point.  I tried it out with Rouge on a scrap and loved the difference it made, so that's what I did.  I wanted something in the flower center, but solid gold dots were too stark.  Luckily, I found these pale gold sparkly ones in my stash.  The gold embossed sentiment is from Altenew's Sweet Bouquet--my latest purchase and a new favorite.  I'm also entering SSS Monday and SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


11 comments:

  1. It certainly is beautiful in those colours. I love those splatters and the soft inking behind it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta your card is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous use of the colors and the die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card, Greta! The flower is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pink star tulip, Greta - perfect in the challenge colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Greta. What a gorgeous flower. Looks amazing in this colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your choices of color are brilliant on this card. I love the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous layered flower, Greta! Love the choice of color, too! Beautiful card as always! Have a great week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC!!! Really hits you in the face and jumps out of the link up gallery!! Yay, I LOVE it!!! -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolute beauty Greta! You've nailed the colours and I love the gold splatters. I'm always too scared to splatter my card once I've finished it - I'm frightened of ruining it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous bloom Greta, looks like I've missed lots of postings!

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.