Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Sweet Friend

My long-time sweet friend, Lisa, is hosting the JUGS Challenge 740 with a beautiful summery moodboard.  It inspired me to use the wonderful SSS Dreamy Daisy Layers along with Spellbinders Sweet Honeycomb stencil and Sweet as Honey stamp set.
I began by randomly stenciling with Distress Oxide fossilized amber.  I brushed the edges of the panel with DO squeezed lemonade and then fossilized amber just on the outer edge.  
For the daisies I used 2 sheets of yellow cardstock already cut into.  Usually I off-set the top layer, but this time I lined them up and gently lifted the petals.  The white centers are brushed with shimmer.  
I know we need bees in order to grow food and flowers, but I can't say I'm fond of them.  I picked out the bee image in the stamp set that didn't make me squirm (silly, I know!) and let them peek out from behind the flowers.  Love the font of the sentiment which I heat embossed.  I don't use a lot of yellow, but I do like it for summery cards.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love how you have hidden those bees xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your trio of peeking bees among the flowers, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you playing along at Just Us Girls, Greta! Your card is adorable. Those little bees are lucky to have your delightful yellow flowers to pollinate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Greta. Love the pretty yellows around the edge and those daisies are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one seriously grabs at my heart. Love the yellow (of course) and I think its genius that you your have the bees busy behind the scene !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Greta - I'm admiring those really lovely flowers and how the petals are lifted. I spy the bees hiding! It's lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty Greta! The flowers and honeycomb caught my eye but then the bees peek out from behind...just so cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yellow flowers are so pretty and doing a good job of hiding the bees from you!
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty take on the mood board, my friend! Love the pretty daisies. Your card deserved a shout out in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty in the soft pastel hues.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous soft yellow blooms on this pretty card, Greta! Love the hidden bees, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.