Thursday, September 5, 2024

Exchange Card and Thanksgiving

My August CCC card went to Tina in Slovenia and I used the friendship theme along with the suggested colors.
Many of you know I love wreaths, so this was really fun for me to make.  The stamps are Altenew Botanical Wreath Builder except for the tiny dots which are from Uniko.  I silver embossed the flower details and used CN9 Grapefruit and Pink Lemonade for the solid flowers.  
The leafy images are stamped in CN9 Sprout.  I silver embossed the sentiment from Altenew Sweet Bouquet and added an extra die cut for dimension.  I used a thin silver mat and put silver Stickles in the flower centers.  I'm going to have lots of fun with this stamp set.
I was unsuccessful trying something new with alcohol inks, so decided to use them on a piece of vellum.  It's easy and no mess.  
The colors are Lettuce, Stream, Ginger and Cranberry.  It just so happens that I have all of those (and a LOT more) of the Adirondack dye ink pads.  Maybe I'll use them next!  Anyway, while there were still sticky spots, I added some gold foil from a scrap on my table.  The leaves were cut with the small die from SSS Etched Laurel Leaves.  
I made a card from PTI Fine Linen and stamped MFT Geometric Grid in Fine Linen ink for a tone on tone background.  There are also gold splatters which show up in the video in my IG post.  The sentiment from SSS Full of Thanks was stamped on an Altenew oval diecut in Versafine Clair Acorn.  I'm entering SSS Flickr.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


9 comments:

  1. Love the pretty pastel colours on your first card. And how stunning the alcohol leaves are! Just gorgeous on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card for Tina is so soft and delicate in the pastel colours and using vellum a great way to create the second card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pretty pastel wreath is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your take on the CCC colors with your floral wreath, Greta!! And wow - what a striking Thanksgiving card - love the alcohol ink sprigs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Tina to receive such a soft lovely wreath! Two wonderful cards, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely set of cards, Greta! The wreath is so very pretty. The touches of gold foiling on the alcohol ink leaves are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower wreath card is so pretty in pink, Greta! You do wreath cards very well! And, the second card with the AI leaves is so creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft colours on your CCC card and those alcohol inks have worked brilliantly on your second card. Love the colours together xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, soft flowers with such sparkle. Great way to use alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.