Saturday, December 15, 2018

Winter Birthdays

I had such fun making this week's card for PTI CAWULizzie's second card on Day 2 immediately caught my eye.  I used the die from Don't Forget to Write to make my Soft Stone card base. 
Then I lightly traced a heart & stamped images from Make It Market Garden Gild in PTI inks Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Lovely Lady, Lilac Grace & Vintage Jadeite.  The sentiment is from Lovely Leaves.  I added some tiny Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher dots--so much easier for me to use than Nuvo Drops.
LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_LoveInBloom_ClassroomValentines
I always mean to enter the Altenew monthly challenges, but usually I don't.  For the Year in Review challenge I picked November's inspiration.  Layered Laurel stamp set was on my wishlist forever, so when I won a gift certificate a few months ago I finally got it. 
Instead of a Christmas card, I made a winter birthday card using several green inks & red Stickles for berries.  Clearly I'm drawn to fresh, clean designs as here's another CAS one layer card.  Almost added some splatters, but decided not to this time.  I'm also entering SSS Monday & Stamping Sensations.
Please grab our logo
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


24 comments:

  1. Your ink colors on the soft heart card are so pretty, Greta. What a beautiful recreation of Lizzie's card! The variety of greens on the laurel branches adds nice depth on the second card. Another beautiful blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta,
    Both cards are lovely. Those small images on your heart card are delicate and pretty. Your card for Altenew is another stunner. Perfectly CAS. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Greta. Love the laurel leaves on your second card and your heart is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty and fresh-looking these are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards Greta! I really like the scallop border on your first card.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart card is so pretty and love the delicate colours and the wonderful stamping. Elegant second card and gloriously CAS X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely, lovely cards Greta! Looks like we were both inspired by Laurie's lovely card and I just love your soft color combination all tucked into the heart shape! And your CAS leaf card is just GORGEOUS!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your heart card is fantastic, Greta - and so glad you finally have your layered laurel and made such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft, pretty colors on your heart card. I must like CAS too because I love the Layered Laurel card. It is so beautiful and simple with white space. Beautiful stamping on the laurel and pretty berries. The sentiment is perfect for this card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your floral heart is absolutely amazing, greta! love the simplicity of your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both pretty Greta! They'll lift the winter blues from the recipients for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two simply beautiful cards Greta...love your sweet floral heart, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely cards Greta... So pretty and as always very elegant! Wishing you a fabulous week mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both so pretty, Greta, and just perfect for winter birthdays! I especially love that CASlicious corner leaf design!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super colours and so delicate looking. Very pretty and sophisticated. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super lovely cards, Greta! Both are very pretty with CAS perfections!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, be still my heart! I'm in love with the delicate heart card and I really must get the die which makes that gorgeous scalloped border. The classically simple leaf card is so fresh and clean. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two beauties, Greta. Love the softness of the first one. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Greta! Have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely CAS design! Thank you for sharing it with us for our Winter Sparkle challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your flowery heart looks so delicate and soft and beautiful! Also love your CAS birthday card! Thank you for the inspiration!
    Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Years ago I used to participate in challenges but then life caught up with me... I am soon leaving work (for a while at least) so am slowly starting to participate again. Such fun! I love your take on the November challenge, Greta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.