Sunday, December 30, 2018

Old and New

Here are 2 more Christmas cards.  First is one I sent this year to 3 people for a Flickr card exchange. 
I loved the HA Holiday Floral Background when I first saw it a couple years ago.  Finally got it this year, but took it off the wood block so I could use it in my stamp positioner.  The inks are Delicata Golden Glitz & Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy.  I wanted to keep it flat to mail overseas, so just added some red Stickles berries & matted the panel with red cardstock.  Can't wait to try some other color combos.  I'm entering ABNH, CHCC & SSS Wednesday.
Please join my Facebook page
Next is my first Christmas card for next year & my entry for Stamplorations Cutplorations Challenge.  I cut the Peace, Love, Joy die cut phrase several times & colored the top layer with festive berries Distress Marker brushed with a shimmer pen. 
To keep the focus on the words, I layered them to a poinsettia white debossed panel with just some red Stickles in the flower centers. 
Another flat card for mailing, but it's still beautiful because of the lovely elements.  I'm also entering Stamplorations Anything Goes, CAS-ual FridaysThe Snippets Playground
 Snippets Playground Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


19 comments:

  1. Love the gold framing the sentiment. Very clever and pretty. The red letters are so pretty but I am going to act like I didn't see you say first card for next year! I'm not quite done with this year yet and you are already way ahead. Smack your hand for me! Have a nice evening bringing in the new year and many blessings in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness are these ever pretty Greta! Both CAS but different. I like the warm earthy look of the first one and the shimmer on the second. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic cards, Greta - love the gold with the HA border stamp and all the white space and just the lovely sentiment is wonderful on the second one! Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are so beautiful, greta! love the beautiful gold stamping on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely Greta. Your gold works so well with the red cardbase. Your second card on the white debossed panel is striking with those points of red. Have a wonderful new years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful. You have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both, your creations are wonderful. Sending New Years hugs from Toronto Canada xxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two stunners Greta. Hope you had a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you made multiples of the first card because it's a striking stamp set! Beautifully crafted, Greta. You used the poinsettia EF! I love those red centers on the blooms. Good start to next Christmas. Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are beautiful cards, Greta! Wonderful stamping in lovely gold on the first card! And, second card is so lovely with the embossed poinsettias and sparkly sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta, that is simply beautiful Christmas card. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing it with STAMPlorations December CUTplorations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Greta! Stopping by to take a closer look at your white beauty - wow - that embossing is gorgeous. I love how you've topped it off with the peace, love, joy sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at CUTplorations in December.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning!! I love that background stamp too - great idea to take it off the block! The second card is so beautiful and textured - I love it! It's just the perfect touch of red with all that gorgeous white. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both cards Greta - although your snippets card has the edge for me. It's so fresh and very pretty with that wonderful sentiment - white and red are always the tops for Christmas I think!

    Happy New Year.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards and I love the beautiful backgrounds! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is Karen Bull, a design team member with A Blog Named Hero. This is a wonderful creation - thank you for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these are so pretty! gorgeous colors and stamping! Thanks for playing along the 'Winter' challenge at the A BLog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.