Thursday, December 6, 2018

Winnie & Walter

With picking up leaves and decorating the house I'm late getting my post written for the Winnie & Walter challenges that are about to end.  
First is my entry for W&W November Color Combo.  I used Distress Oxides & Distress Inks in fired brick, spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, wilted violet & peacock feathers for the smooshing on watercolor paper--drying between layers. 
My favorite W&W Hello die was die cut from a black scrap.  I used the negative space, adding in the little pieces.  The panel was attached with fun foam to a vanilla card.

Next is my entry for W&W Rerun No 36.  This is the first time it's been a stamp set I have & it's one I really love. 
The Joy die cut was covered with Transfer Gel & foiled with the beautiful red GK specialty foil. 
I heat embossed a couple little branches using an irridescent powder & added a double die cut vellum flower.  The center is a die cut circle embellished with Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher.  Finished off with black & white twine for a very CAS card.  I had to darken the pictures in order for the branches & flower to show.  I'm also entering CAS on Friday, AAA Cards, VOSP #1 & Time Out.
w&w_rerun_logoFor your blog
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Greta. The black negative is so striking on your beautifully created base. I love the red joy with the delicate white flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oxides and inks on your first card look wonderful behind that bold negative die cut. Fabulous CAS card for the second, so crisp and so beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smooshing looks fantastic Greta, what a cool card! And the second is CAS prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That smooshing really pops with the black on your first card. I love the combination of colors. Were you inspired by all those leaves you picked up? The red foiling looks great and the card is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, thus far I've been able to stay away from all the foil products but that glitzy Joy realllllly makes me want to break down my barriers and spend some money. :) Dangit, Greta! Such pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, these are awesome cards! Your white flower looks so delicate. And I can imagine how beautifully shines the red foiled die cut. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
    Would you like to see my new blog post about making a Winter scene without seasonal stamps, please click - HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are both so beautiful and well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards Greta - that "joy" is gorgeous with all the white and vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous set of cards, greta! love the background you created for the first card... so beautiful! the second one is clean and simple elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The combination of fall colors on your first card is very lovely, Greta! It looks very pretty against the black! And, second card is beautiful with the embossed leaves and the foil joy sentiment! I'll have to try the foil technique some time. The results you achieved are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Greta - I'm bowled over by the colours you've mixed on the Hello card. I've written down that combo and am going to give it a try. Love it! The Journalling card is crisp clean and oh so classy. Love the white space. Gosh, so pretty with the foil and the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you have taken us from warm and gorgeous colors to crisp and cold winter white with a WOW pop of lipstick red! Love them both so much!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. A simple and beautiful card - CAS perfection!!! Thanks so much for joinig us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the smooshed BG Greta and the crisp clean Christmas cards is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty white card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are so pretty! I totally LOVE that gorgeous background on your first card!!!! Beautiful!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both cards! The texture on the joy cutout is so cool. So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE! I adore the beautiful splatters of color on the first card and that joy foil!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That splattered background on your hello card is spectacular! Love the colors! And your CAS Christmas card is so pretty with that striking foiled "joy"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.