Saturday, December 1, 2018

PTI Birthday and Christmas

Recently I got have lunch again with my friend, Vikki.  She gave me a bunch of Scallop Stackers: Large die cuts plus sheets of Bitty Big papers.  My card for PTI MIM uses some of them, as you can see. 
I added the dotted rectangle from Mix & Mat: Flourishes die & backed the center of the classic kraft with white cardstock.  Corner Adorner: February was die cut & stamped in Versafine Claire Pinecone, Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy & PTI Harvest Gold.  I stacked the flower 3 high & added Stickles to the center.  The sentiment is from Wreath for All Seasons & I added the little dots from Corner Adorner in white pigment ink.  Lots of interest to my eye, yet it's still flat for mailing.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday
Papertrey Ink Blog
You know me--can't miss PTI Transformation Tuesday.  So honored to have one of my previous entries included in the PTI Newsletter.  This time I went clear back to 2012.  It's a card with the Copic background technique I learned from Nicole Heady. 
OLD Card form 2012
Thought it'd be fun to update this card with new products & make it for Christmas.  I love green & gold for the holidays, so used YG 63 & YG 67 for the background. 
New Card 2018
Then I heat embossed a wreath from Wreath for All Seasons using a glittery gold powder that's really pretty in person.  I used Scallop Stackers: Small to die cut the panel which I matted with a gold shimmer paper.  For the sentiment I die cut Bold Borders: Yuletide from 2 green papers very close to the Copic colors.  The light one was used for the shadow & I added Nuvo Glaze to the top layer.  Finished off with some gold & green circle & star sequins--just the right touch, I think.  Another flat card I'm happy with--now to get it in the mail!  I'm also entering Inkspirational & SSS Wednesday.

Edited to add: Also entering SSS Work it Wednesday.
Papertrey Ink Blog

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.




18 comments:

  1. The Kraft colour works so well with the red polka dot underneath and the corner trim adds a touch of elegance to your birthday card. The makeover is stunning too, although I like the original one as well. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just LOVE the Corner Adorner sets?! I love your kraft with the red & white polka dots too Greta...wonderful layered birthday card! Really like your new Transformation Tuesday card too...the greens and gold are SO elegant together! And congrats on being mentioned in the newsletter...a well deserved honor!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to be in their newsletter and good for you! I love that red polka dot paper with kraft and such a cute card. The green and gold is beautiful and the embossed wreath really is a pretty touch. Two great cards. I'll be able to say I knew you "when".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! Your cards are wonderful! How fun to have a card in the PTI newsletter!! Love the way you create your own backgrounds. Simply beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect card for a December birthday in the kraft and red - and love love the makeover in those soft greens with the gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pair of cards Greta! I love the bright and cheery first card with the red and kraft together and you have really updated the second card which looks so festive.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your MIM card is gorgeous, Greta! Your make over card is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an eye catching first card and what a great die cut scalloped edge from your friend. Fabulous transformation card with great colours and design and congratulations on being featured in the PTI newsletter....you truly deserve it with all your hard work x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards!!Your work is awesome!!Trying to get back don't know if I can,see how it will be after the holidays.Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! What an honor. I love that card and I love your redo. THis is a fabulous technique and you've shown it off spectacularly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you, congrats on your shout out in the PTI newsletter ~ you go girl!! Love the way you've transformed your card today. The golden wreaths are pretty. But your first card with the red and kraft wins my heart tonight, it's DELIGHTFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 designs are beautiful Greta! and CONGRATS on being in the newsletter! That's so Awesome!! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Greta. Well done on your mention in the newsletter. Your cards are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Greta! What beautiful cards! I saw your card on the PTI newsletter - how fun is that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for your recognition on PTI's December newsletter, Greta! You create beautiful cards of which these two reflect your desire to experiment and learn new techniques. The birthday card shows your eye for color and texture. The Christmas card redo - wow! both cards rate stars in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huge congrats for your card on the PTI newsletter! And, your cards are so lovely! I'm drawn to the last one with the pretty green and lovely wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful that you get to meet with a blog friend in real life! Your creations are lovely, Greta. The way you embossed the wreath and used it as a backdrop is so effective~texture without the thickness. Thank you for linking up at Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The polka dotted background looks so cheerful - what a pretty birthday card! And it's always fascinating to see how you remake your cards! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.