Saturday, December 8, 2018

SSS and PTI

I missed the deadline for the last challenge, but luckily my card fits SSS Flickr Challenge No 112.  I'm having a terrible time photographing my holiday cards with glitter, foil or metallics.  This one is very soft & pretty in person. 
The die cut trees from SSS Color Me Trees were sponged with DI iced spruce & bundled sage while the trunks were colored with an antique linen marker.  I covered them in Stickles Frosted Lace & glued them to a panel of SSS Fog cardstock.  Here's a close up before I added the tiny white snow dots in the background.
The sentiment from AJVD Christmas Star--a gift from my dear friend, Rosemary, was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.  I'm also entering CAS-ual Fridays & Inkspirational.

Next is my card for PTI MIM--Deck Your Dies.  I'm really loving the sentiment die that comes with PTI Bold Borders: Yuletide.  Finally pulled out a great paper pad from another dear friend, Betty.  It's kraft with gold metallic images plus plain gold sheets.  I stacked the words 4 high which makes a big difference in how they show up on the background paper.  Had to take the photo at an angle so the gold would look half way right. 
The three white felt snowflakes are from PTI What the Doodle: Snowflake dies, as are the gold stars.  I used Scallop Stackers: Small die to cut the panel--really love this one & wish I hadn't cut it apart.  Now I have the 2 dies taped in place so I don't have to try & line them up each time.  Another simple card, but that seems to be what I like these days.  I'm also entering VOSP Challenge No 1.  
Edited to add: My final entry for SSS Work It Wednesday.
Papertrey Ink Blog  
I've barely made a dent in getting Christmas cards mailed, so better get a move on.  I do wish all of you a blessed holiday season.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


23 comments:

  1. I like the texture on our trees Greta, what a lovely card! And yes, that PTI die cut sentiment is fantastic, love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards have your signature extra special touches. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful cards Greta, love the texture on the trees, makes it really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Greta. Love the way you added the texture to your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Greta! You could enter that tree card at AAA Cards challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Greta! Wonderful texture on the trees! And, second card is so pretty with the snowflakes and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely cards, Greta - especially the second one - so classy in those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful set of cards, greta! those frosty trees are so fun! love the color combo on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Greta
    Fabulous cards... can't choose my fave...
    have a super Christmas
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great snowy scene and just darling cards. I always have problem using glitter till these days, need to get some tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW PRETTY, Greta! The snow flakes are LOVELY, along with your Christmas Trees! I LOVE that you used Kraft for your second card, makes me think of Heather. Your Christmas Trees make me think of cookies with powdered sugar! A SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Greta and it's lovely to see the closeups of the frosted tree with all their yummy texture. I really like the die cut border on the Kraft on your second card. My card making has ground to a holt, due to competing pressures. Uh oh! Your cards are always inspiring though, so I'll refer to them, when I do my next batch. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are both so well designed and lovely. I always like to see a card made with kraft. Beautiful with all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! I LOVE the texture on the trees in your first card... really pretty Greta!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those soft, sweet trees. The color is so pretty. The snowy card is lovely and what a pretty scalloped mat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Christmas cards are beautiful! Love those trees in the first and all those snowflakes in the second. So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your trees covered with stickles look so cool! I want to try that on mine. Your kraft snowflake card is pretty on the small shape shifters. You're so fortunate to get that Yuletide die set as it's been out of stock for a while. I haven't mailed my cards either as I'm still creating, late I know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta your trees are beautiful! They look so textured and gorgeous! Love the beautiful snowflakes too - kraft and cream is one of my all-time favorite combos! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the effect on your first beautiful card Greta and the softness of the colours x The felt snowflakes look fabulous and so does the dimension on the sentiment die cut x both cards are wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your family too x.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely your textured, frostry trees, Greta! A beautiful card, as is the second, with its flurry of pretty snowflakes! So thrilled you shared these festive delights in the Inkspirational gallery!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the texture! Such pretty cards.
    Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays :)
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely CAS card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply beautiful! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.