Sunday, January 30, 2022

Friendship & Valentine

I didn't see a plaid paper in my Valentine collection, so decided to make my own.  The stamp I used is the very old Hero Arts Stripes Pattern.  
The lines are not all exactly the same, so I'm hoping this qualifies as a plaid pattern.  I simply stamped in Distress Oxide kitsch flamingo twice at right angles on bright pink cardstock.  Then I added silver lines with a ruler & a Gelly Roll Stardust pen.  
AJVD love die, another gift from my sweet friend, Rosemary, was die cut from the panel which I trimmed into a square.  Soon I'll show you what I did with the love die cut.  I matted the plaid with a slightly larger black square.  It needed some pizzazz, so I filled the letters with Shimmer Pico Embellisher--so pretty in person.  The sentiment is from PTI Scripted, the dots are black Pico Embellisher & the tiny heart is Gina K.  I'm entering Just Us Girls.

I wanted to make one more card for the PFS January challenge.  This time I used the September theme of leaves & greenery.  I began by black embossing PFS Lush Vines.  Then I did loose watercoloring with Zigs & a water brush.  
The splatters are green & silver.  I wanted something a little different, so die cut EH Hex Frames from the panel, plus a few more from black cardstock so I could stack the solid cuts 3 high.  For the background, I did a watercolor wash & the same splatters.  Really like the old WRMK 3D Geometric embossing folder used with black cardstock to cover the card front.  The branches from PFS Dainty Blossoms were covered with silver glitter Nuvo Drops--so sparkly in person!  
I added silver thread behind the sentiment from PFS Delicate Wreath & wrapped the thread around the stems. Finished off with black Pico Embellisher dots. I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


16 comments:

  1. Great cards Greta. Love your homemade plaid. Looks very pretty and love your green card. It's superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards as always, trying hard to catch up again after the events of the last week or so, takes time.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Greta. Love how you created the plaid background - genius!

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Greta. I love the sentiment of the first one. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cards, Greta. Very clever idea to create your own plaid paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A double dose of pretty, Greta! What a brilliant idea using a ruler and jelly roll to add to your plaid! So happy to see your card in the JUGs gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink and black always appeals to me and you've added a dash of silver to the plaid to increase the drama. The green watercolour forms a lovely background for your leaves, and the slender silver thread tie is all together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so very striking but you had me at Plaid Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Greta, Loving the pink made plaid and ef on your leafy design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pink plaid, Greta - love the added silver lines!! Loving the PFS card too - so pretty with the embossed edge and the added die cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink plaid cards Greta, so lovely and the embossed edge on the second card is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful set of cards, greta. that big love die cut looks fabulous with the plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your homemade plaid is gorgeous and I love how you have inlaid the love die and made it so shiny. I cam looking for your CCC card and found some other lovelies instead xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH! my goodness Greta, your both cards are gorgeous, love the "plaid" in pink with the black, I'm looking forward to see how how you did it. Your hexagon and stretched hexagon are so beautiful with the colours and stamps within them.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two very pretty cards, Greta! I love your homemade plaid pattern. And that shiny inlaid "love" is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful...so in love with all that fabulous pink, over the top gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.