Monday, January 24, 2022

Altenew, PTI, AJVD

I totally fell in love with This Project on IG & decided to use the same basic idea to enter the January Altenew Challenge & FMS.  I used painter's tape to mask a rectangle on a white panel & blended Distress Oxides fossilized amber, peeled paint & abandoned coral.  
The images from Altenew Wildflower Doodles were stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & I splattered with Gansai Tambi Yellow Gold watercolor which has a gorgeous shimmer in person.  
I removed the tape, stamped the sentiment from Altenew Painted Greetings & added a black mat.  

Next is my entry for the PTI challenge to make a love birds cardRosemary's white die cut bird is beautiful, but I decided my PTI Feathered Friends 8 needed more definition.  Brushing on Distress Ink pumice stone gave me the look I wanted.  
Into the Blooms II foliage & flower were also brushed with Distress Inks.  For the background, I scored a kraft panel & inked it with 2 different brown pads.  Love the font of the sentiment from PTI Framed in Florals which was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn.  To make this a winter card, I added snow by splattering white gouache.
The Stamp Market constantly inspires me & recently This Card caught my eye.  To make my version, I  die cut a small heart in the center of a larger one using an AJVD die set gifted to me by my friend, Rosemary.  
After coloring with a rainbow of Copics, I covered them in Stickles.  Oh what beautiful sparkle in person!  
Love Taylored Expressions Swiss Hearts embossing folder & the PTI sentiment from Prominent Petals.  The light gray mat & sentiment strip are SSS Fog cardstock.  Now I'm using the little hearts from the centers to make another card.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



15 comments:

  1. Three beautiful cards, Greta. I especially love the first one, my friend. Thank you for sharing with us the steps for making your great cards. Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another three wonderful cards, the first is my favourite. I do love that style, in fact I have been thinking about making a few like that as it is so long since I have made one. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thanks for sharing that cool IG video. I love the cards and especially that first one. BTW SSS (I think) shared your heart outline card last week! I was so proud of you!! (Finally figured out my problem with Blogger blocking my comments so you'll see my face here once again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. another wonderful set of cards, greta. loving the ink blending on the first one... so pretty. the pair of birds on the second are so sweet and the rainbow of hearts is just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been a busy crafter! I love your variety of techniques and designs. The ink blending is incredible, I love those cute birds and those sparkling hearts are heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Greta. All of these are stunning. Love the design on the first one and the rainbow hearts on the last one... but the birds are the most amazing. All aspects of it look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there... Oh my you have been busy. Beautiful seamless blending, two adorable birdies and a whole bunch of hearts... Does it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great series of pretty cards! I totally love your take on this week's FMS sketch. The colors are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always lots to see on a visit Greta and this lives up to "normal". I love your bright and beautiful first card. The birds are so lovely on the "wood" background, then your hearts are a delight, sparkle and colour? who could want anything else.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, specially the one with the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Greta, I am especially taken with your glittery hearts….so bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three fabulous cards and extra loving those cute birds Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful trio of gorgeous cards, love that sweet bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an inspiring trio of cards Greta. Each offers something charming and I'm a big fan of the first one. Love the drama of the black foliage on the inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors you added behind those lovely silhouettes! Your birds are fabulous - the bit of gray you sponged on gives them so much depth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.