Saturday, January 8, 2022

Friendship Cards

PTI The Great Cover-Up challenge theme is to create a tone-on-tone card.  I noticed this old sheet of teal cardstock in a pack I bought years ago & saw that I have old MFT felt almost the same color.  I remember reading that a variety of textures is good to use for monochromatic cards, so that's where I started.  
PTI Herringbone die was cut from the teal cardstock & matted to a matching panel.  I inked the edges with Distress Ink peacock feathers & added black splatters.  My favorite flower dies from PTI Into the Blooms II were cut from the felt & layered.  I added White Blizzard Nuvo Drops to the tips.  The leaves were die cut from PTI vellum which I also inked with the peacock feathers. 
I already had PTI Hello Thick & Thin shadow die cut from vellum & the letters from black cardstock.  So I inked it with peacock feathers & added another layer of the black letters.  Black enamel dots finish it off.
Edited to add:  Also entering The Flower Challenge: Monochrome.

I recently saw Traci Pond's card on IG & it reminded me of Flourishes Letters in Bloom set I'd never used. I got to pick out some of their stamp sets when I was a GD shortly before they closed. I was also thinking about the wonderful sketch for FMS 517.
I began with a white scrap laying on my table & used SSS Grid Play Stencil with PTI Pale Peony ink.  Then I lined up the letters in my MISTI & stamped  in Versafine Clair Nocturne a couple times.  I used a white gel pen on the tiny leaves & a glitter pen on the blooms.  The letters were still in place, so I stamped again.  Then I added the little sentiment from PTI Scripted--love that set.  I trimmed a black scrap to size & matted the panel with Pale Peony cardstock.  Finished off with white Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground which has a brand new home & Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge 30, Circles.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



22 comments:

  1. Ah monochromatic is always a favourite for me and your teal card is divine. I've never seen that gorgeous floral alphabet - so pretty. Beautiful work Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Greta. Love your monochromatic card and how sweet is the floral card. Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful contrasts Greta, the first so bold and the second soft and delicate.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful texture on your fabulous tonal card and such a pretty and delicate second one Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards Greta, I love the texture and colour on your first and the second is so pretty.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tone on tone card. the result is gorgeous. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful...love all that gorgeous blue. thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog, you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Greta!! I love it. That is a beautiful shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. monochromatic is difficult but you aced it with all the felt texture! and love the second card with the flowers around the sentiment1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two super cards Greta, I especially love the monochromatic card. Such a pretty colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The textured background was a great idea on your monochromatic card, Greta it's so pretty! You should link that one up at The Flower Challenge. Your sweet floral letters remind me of a PTI set I bought a LONG time ago and have never used (hangs head in shame!!). What a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tone on tone. I should get my felt out more. Your sketch card is so cute and I love the pink. Thank you for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love tone on tone cards and this is just brilliant, what an amazing colour and how lucky that you had some matching felt. Your second card is beautiful too, so perfectly CAS and what great alphabet stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great set of cards! I love the floral letters! The little flowers are so sweet! Love the soft colours as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. another lovely set of cards, greta... the teal card is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards Greta, love your original take on the FSM sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely pair of cards here Greta.

    I've saved you one of the comfy chairs up in the Playground Treehouse, where we're having a little party to celebrate the new Snippets Playground home on the web.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a delight to see you in the Playground my sweet friend! And your cards are lovely I do love your snippets make. Pretty as well as very clever design! Good luck in the challenges - your teal card really is fabulous!

    Happy 2022!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so right about the textures - such a beautiful card in all of the gorgeous teals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty cards Greta, thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge', it's a beauty ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous monochromatic card, Greta! Love all the details, especially the ink blended vellum elements and black splatters and enamel dots! Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.