Monday, January 17, 2022

Stamplorations, PTI, PFS

I'm really good at putting off housework, so I can make cards!  Here are 3 more that I recently completed.
First is another card for the new Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge using the colors for Just Us Girls.  I love the sweet images in Stamplorations Coffee for All Seasons, but don't think I've made a Christmas card until now.  
I silver embossed on a light blue scrap, die cut it into a square & matted it with the gorgeous Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die cut from silver metallic cardstock.  Decided to "color" the cup with a shimmer pen which helps it stand out a bit & is so pretty in person. 
Love this sentiment from Winnie & Walter which I stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Hard to see in the pictures, but love the look in person of the snowflake from PTI What the Doodle: Snowflake stamped on the card front in Hero Arts Soft Pool.  The splatters are Distress Stain Tarnished Silver & the focal point is stacked 3 high.  I'm also entering Stamplorations Theme & Photo PromptStamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes & DRU.

I'm enjoying using my old products & for this card I pulled out PTI Friendship Jar Flowers.  I stamped the stems image in Prairie Grass, a darker green I thought would be good for a winter floral card. 
I changed my mind & didn't use the flowers in the set.  Instead, I used one of the small dies from Into the Blooms II with some rose colored felt.  It's meant to be part of a larger flower, but I like the look of it alone with a white felt center.  
The sentiment is from one of my newest PTI sets, Just Sentiments: Hugs.  I stamped it in Versafine Clair Acorn.  The splatters are Prairie Grass & I finished off with Rainstones & brown hemp.  I'm entering the PTI challenge to make a flower bouquet card.
I've had 5 gold embossed PFS Small Butterflies on my table for weeks.  You stamp & die cut 9 butterflies at once.  I had used 4 of them & wanted to make a wreath with these last 5.  Decided to finally sit down & do it for the PFS January challenge.  
You can pick any of the 2021 challenges & I picked the April gold challenge.  However, my card also fits May, June, July & November!  I also had a card made from PTI Rustic Cream on my table & liked the butterflies on it.  For the background I stamped Nested Diamond in Delicata Golden Glitz.  It's so beautiful in person, but doesn't show up in the photos very well.  I wanted a mostly neutral color palette, but decided to add just a bit of color using a rainbow of Memento markers on the butterfly bodies.  Gold Pico Embellisher covers the colored areas giving gloss & texture.  I played around with making the butterfly wreath & decided it would be better to attach the butterflies to the Layered Wreath, one of my favorite PFS products!  I die cut it from white cardstock to go with the butterflies, but painted the tips of the foliage with Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Yellow Gold watercolor--love the look!  
Just for fun I wrapped gold thread around the wreath between the butterflies.  The sentiment from one of my newest sets called Sweet Friend Floral was stamped in Versafine Clair Pinecone & I finished off with yellow jewels.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

18 comments:

  1. Three beauties Greta. Love the pretty blue and silver colour combination on the first, dainty friendship card and a beautiful butterfly wreath on the third x. The gold at the tips of the wreath look so pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of these. That silver frame is beautiful. I love the flower bouquet, it makes me think spring will be coming soon. The butterfly card is lovely. The gold looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such pretties!!! Remind me what housework is? haha. Thank you for you two beautiful birthday cards Lol! I hope all is well in your world my friend, sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - winter and spring in this trio of cards. Fabulous. Loving the felt flowers.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made great use of your non housework time! Three wonderful cards, Greta! Those felt flowers look right at home. Your butterfly wreath is fabulous and I love the fancy frame surrounding the cup on your JUGs card. So happy to see you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yet another wonderful set of cards, greta. each so unique and lovely, but the second card really stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta, all of your cards are beautiful! Thank you sooo much for joining us at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful collection of cards, your butterfly wreath stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes! The wretched housework; it lurks around here too; looking for a willing suspect. I mostly refuse to get into it, much more fun to play and make pretty things. As you have done, with this trio of pretty cards. I love my Fleur de Lis die as well. You've created such a pretty card with it. The felt flowers are divine and the Butterflies are a sweet delight. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never do housework if there is something else to do. That's how I work anyway, housework is on the bottom of the list! Three fantastic cards, I especially like the middle one xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so pretty! I love that silver frame on the first one, and the colors on the second. The butterflies are beautiful! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the current challenge at STAMPlorations theme and photo Greta. I can ALWAYS find a reason not to do the housework! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Gorgeous set of cards Greta. I'm crafting, after a leak caused chaos here, we have floors up and awaiting a new carpet, home is a mess, so a Super crafting time and I can turn my back on the mess.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first card is so pretty, using those colors. Then there are two lovely bonus cards also! Thank you for joining in at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are all so pretty! That second one with the dainty flowers really caught my eye! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges, and I hope to see you again. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great assortment of cards, Greta. I'm especially liking the embossed coffee cup. BTW putting off housework is a good thing when it comes to crafting, getting pretty good at it myself too. :) Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much beauty here, but your first card is my favorite, love that coffee image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.