Friday, January 28, 2022

Valentines and Friendship

I love Cecile's style which is CAS, modern & beautiful!  Her DT card for CAS Colours & Sketches challenge caught my eye, so decided to enter for the first time.  I finally got one of the SSS 3D embossing folders & it really is beautiful!  For once, I knew what colors I wanted before I even started: kraft, white & gold. 
Vine Canopy was embossed on PTI Classic Kraft.  I cut the panel down to the size I wanted so I could have plain cardstock at the top with a narrow gold metallic strip (cut from a scrap) & then the embossed panel.  SSS Etched Laurel Leaves were die cut from the same gold metallic cardstock (another scrap) & were arranged in the Ellen Hutson Hex Frames outline die cut stacked 2 high.  
They were actually die cut long ago & I never figured out what to do with them.  Luckily, I kept them in the package with the dies & it feels great to make use of them!  The sentiment from Altenew Floral Frame was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn & I added Spellbinders gold dots given to me by my sweet friend, Rosemary.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday via IG & Snippets Playground



As soon as I saw AAA Cards Challenge is No Layers with optional Big Sentiment, I knew what I wanted to use.  
I started by stamping the IO sentiment in the corner using Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Then I figured out where to position the IO heart which I stamped in VersaMagic Red Magic.  

Finished off with a tiny red gem & rounded corners.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & ModSquad.
My second Valentine uses the old, but very cute Penny Black heart balloon die.  I had just enough of a scrap of cardstock covered in double sided Be Creative tape to die cut 3 balloons.  
I removed the release paper & covered them in Elizabeth Craft Regal Red glitter.  After you burnish it, the glitter is super soft, sparkly & no shed.  It's gorgeous in person!  I really should use those glitters more often.  
I already had embossed another panel with Taylored Expressions Swiss Hearts folder, so matted it with black cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment from IO Valentine Hearts in Versafine Clair Nocturne & matted it with a black scrap.  I tied white crochet thread on the balloons & attached them with foam tape.  Finished off with 3 tiny clear gems.  Just right for a friend Valentine, I think.  I'm entering TTTC146 using the bottom row of White, Red, Glitter & SSS Wednesday via IG.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



21 comments:

  1. Your valentines are super cute but lets talk about your first card. OH... MY... GOODNESS!!! What a stunner, Greta. Love every little fabulous detail. This is a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fabulous cards Greta. Love love love the elegance of the first one and your other two are really so pretty. Great Valentine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...these are all so beautiful. Just love that embossing on the first card, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty Valentine's Day cards Greta.


    Climb the rope ladder and find a comfy chair up in the Playground Treehouse - I've got the coffee on!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy, Greta! Just love all three cards - gorgeous gold leaves on card one, wonderful one layer for card two and fun glittery hearts on card three!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards Greta. Especially love the card for our challenge; the simple sentiment with that bold red heart. Thanks for being joining us at AAA Cards. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know how much I love that first card! It is so pretty. Love the big sentiment on the second card and those sweet little heart shaped balloons on the final one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three gorgeous cards, Greta! I especially love the arrangement of your first design with all the lovely texture and elegant colors! Your Valentines are beautiful and perfect for the challenges! Way to use your schtuff! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful set of cards, each having their own gorgeousness, the first one is so different in it's beauty. Beautiful designs as always Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three wonderful creative cards but an extra WOW to the first one....great colour combination, fabulous 3D embossing folder and I love how you left the top bit plain....A real stunner Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic. The first card is so elegant and the gold leaves are stunning. I love both Valentines too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta all of your cards are beautiful but your entry into our challenge is absolutely stunning! The embossed panel, hexagon frame and gold detailing make for a fabulous CAS card! I'm so glad Cecile's card inspired you to play along with my sketch challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, you so rocked that sketch with your first card! YOur Valentines are sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many lovely cards. I particularly like the first one which is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I love to get a cuppa and drool over your blog posts Greta. These are all beautiful and that first one is an absolute knockout. So elegant with the soft stone embossing, the golden etched leaves and the perfect placement of every element. Thanks for explaining how you achieved the look. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so lovely Greta!! As always each one is so special as well!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quite the selection of cards, love them all. The one you have created for our sketch challenge at CC&S is beautiful. Clean and simple perfection. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards!! I love the monochromatic design you chose, and the hexagonal frame is such a great idea! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greta, amazing! all of these lovely designs are so beautiful. thank you for playing and sharing your lovely design with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all 3 of these cards but the first one is something really special and how lovely that you have used up those pieces xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.