Thursday, January 6, 2022

Christmas, Valentine, Birthday

I have 3 very different cards to show you today.  They're all pretty simple, which is really my favorite style.
I love decorative cups/mugs and we have quite a few.  Often that's what we get for souvenirs when travelling.  The Pigment Craft Company cup was die cut from Echo Park snowflake paper & white cardstock.  
I added dots of Christmas Red Stickles to the snowflake centers.  I'd love to drink my tea or coffee from one like this!  I got the old MFT flourish die from my friend, Rosemary.  I've seen her use a flourish for steam coming from a cup, so I copied that idea.  Hard to tell, but the "steam" is covered in Frosted Lace Stickles.  
My friend, Brenda, recently made a card with dry embossed metallic cardstock & I finally remembered to do that.  I used inexpensive silver cardstock from Michaels with a Darice snowflake embossing folder that I love.  Thought this Winnie & Walter sentiment was perfect!  The panel was matted with another piece of patterned paper from the Echo Park pack that was in a giveaway I won.  I'm entering the new Caffeinated Christmas Card ChallengeJust Us Girls & DRU.
Here's my 2nd Valentine & I do love how it turned out!  I used a sponge applicator to add PTI Scarlet Jewel ink to the panel embossed with Crafter's Companion Regency Swirls 3D embossing folder that came with my Gemini Jr.  
I varied the intensity of the color to get the look I wanted.  SSS A2 Card Curved Edge die cut the panel.  For the sentiment I used my new SSS Love die & the little words from PTI Scripted.  
Love the little Gina K heart embellishments which I have in black & white.  I'm entering SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.
As most of you probably know, I love wreaths.  Hopefully a wreath counts for the ModSquad Challenge to stamp a background for your focal point.  I used Gina K's 4 inch wreath maker template & 2 images from Gina K Winter Hugs.  
I used a new to me color combo of Distress Oxides faded jeans & speckled egg--love it!  The sentiment from Gina K Sketched Wreath Builder stamp set was double silver embossed & matted with silver metallic cardstock.  I inked the card front edges to match.  Finished off with silver Pico Embellisher dots on the little berries.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


19 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Love that cup with all the snowflakes! Perfect for the first CCCC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy, Greta and I love the results! These are all so pretty. I have that snowflake embossing folder too and it's a favorite as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what stunners Greta. Love them all. The red florals on the middle one are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They certainly are three very different creations Greta, normally post for a wreath as a favourite but todays that middle one really drawn me, stunning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful cards I just adore the swirl pink embossed one. And Greta, Thank you for my birthday card!! Just arrived... You sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each card is great, Greta. I especially love the first one, as I am a coffee lover. Hugs, my friend. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Greta! The coffee cup using a pretty pattern DSP and fun flourish of steam popping out was a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coffee cup card. It's so hard to snap a picture of the shine without the reflection but this looks great. The silver looks so pretty over the striped c/s. Using the glitter background for the love is beautiful. The blues are a gorgeous combo for that pretty wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of the cup, looks so good in the snowflake pattern Greta. The CC folder is gorgeous, love the curved shape and sentiment, the wreath is gorgeous, love teh colour mix, must try that. Thanks Greta. Beautiful cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are beautiful, Greta, I like them all.
    I wish you a good 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all three of these but the second one does stand out for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, as usual, Greta. I LOVE the wreath - great colors and fabulous use of those stamps. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad, I hope to see you back again soon.
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta I love your designs for all three occasions! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely set of cards, greta! i really love the inking on the second card. it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bother! I went to preview my comment and it flitted off into the stratosphere! Sorry if you get two comments now Greta. I love the "steam" effect and the love card is truly elegant. Like you, I love a wreath and your Birthday card is a beauty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great designs, great colour combinations and love all the swirls x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. two wonderful cards, Greta! the coffee one is so cute (caramel macchiato??) the red inking is so pretty on that flourish ef.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful designs. Love the colors and composition. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.

    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've made a mad and beautiful dash around the calendar with these beauties, Greta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.