Monday, January 10, 2022

Blog Followers and a Card

I use Feedly to keep track of blogs I want to follow.  I don't know the significance of hitting the follow button on blogs.  Clearly, the majority of people who have signed up over the years do not really follow my blog.  I also just discovered a spam account that kept leaving me comments had actually signed up as a follower--so maddening!  There no longer seems to be a way to block a follower.  I tried deleting the widget & then adding it back.  They were back the same as before.  I decided to just eliminate the widget so I don't see that spam account when I look at my blog.  I apologize if this caused a problem for you.
EDITED TO ADD:  Thanks to Liz I was able to delete the spam account following my blog.  Thank you so much, Liz!
Onto my cards.  First is another card using Gina K A Happy Hello.  I used my 3 Lawn Fawn inks of ballet slippers, peach fuzz & manatee.  I love the colors together & they stamp beautifully. 
The sentiment from the set is stamped in Brilliance Starlite Black which I've had forever.  I love to use it for a slightly less bold sentiment.  
It's hard to see, but I added pink & peach splatters as well as Pinkfresh Glacier Jewels.  The panel was matted with silver metallic cardstock & a couple extra cardstock layers for dimension.  I'm entering the ModSquad Challenge to stamp a background & make it the focal point.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. No I don't think there is a way Greta, one or two crept into my list who I would prefer not and the spam comments are infuriating, most mornings I go round the challenges deleting them.

    Your card is a delight.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the spammer....Great card Greta. Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a message to Blogger, Greta, for someone who should not follow my blog, and I never received a reply!!! I wish I knew how we could face this problem.
    I love your pastel colours. Great card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so soft and pretty. sorry you had such a problem with feedly. it is so annoying that nothing is done about all the spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The softness and serenity in your card soothes me, Greta. I like those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Greta, such a delicate and feminine design.

    To try and block a follower, have you tried the following? Click on the ‘Stats’ button on the editing page, at the top of the page it shows how many followers you have. When I click on this, it brings up a list of all my followers with the option to block any. I’ve done this once to block a spam follower. It won’t stop spam comments, but should stop spam followers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is just lovely. I really like the soft colors and fairly simple design, it works so well here. Lots of wonderful work, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad, hope we see you back again soon my friend!!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a soft and lovely card, Greta. Bummer about the spam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Liz had a solution for you! Now about this card... it's dreamy! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your delicate colour tones create a sense of Peace and Calm; sorely needed in our world today. I like the little silver mat adding some soft shimmer. Sorry you've been having problems with spammer comments x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delicate and pretty card and a lovely sentiment too Greta x. So glad Liz helped you out x. I prefer to hit the follow button on blogs as I can see them in my reading list...This works for me x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully delicate and very elegant Greta. Good to hear you got rid of your spammer.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those soft colours. Glad you sorted out your follower issue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely in the pastel colors and perfect with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all those soft flowers, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.