Friday, January 21, 2022

Valentine, Friendship, Christmas

Sad anniversary today.  Hard to believe my little brother has been gone a year.  I think about him every day & focus on the many happy memories.  
I'm so grateful I find joy in cardmaking.  There's nothing like seeing something come together you really like.  My first card meets that criteria.  I really like how The Stamp Market stacks a die cut word with layers of colored cardstock.  Finally I gave it a try with SSS Love die. 
I pulled out 2 shades of purple, 1 green & 2 blues from my scraps to cut the shadow.  For the detail top layer I used silver glitter tape attached to cardstock.  Really love the look!  
It's attached to the beautiful white Memory Box Bingham heart which is on a Soft Stone panel splattered with Distress Stain Brushed Pewter & attached to a white card.
Next is the card I made for Papertrey Ink's challenge to make a floral thoughts of you card.  I wanted to make a card with a purple background, so I looked up colors to use with purple.  I found an apartment decorated with a purple wall, navy furniture & big glossy green plants.  It worked for a card, too!  
PTI Border Bling: Tin Stitched & Skinny Diagonal Frames were die cut from Royal Velvet cardstock, attached together & matted with a panel of New Leaf.  I die cut Into the Blooms II flowers & leaves from white textured scraps which I brushed with Dark Indigo & New Leaf.  Really love how they look.  Unfortunately, the green is showing up very well in the picture.  I double black embossed the sentiment from Essential Sentiments & splattered everything with white gouache for a little brightness, along with clear gems in the flower centers.
I've loved Spellbinders Joy die set ever since it came out in 2019.  I couldn't resist a clearance sale at the end of last year & I'm so glad I finally got it.  There's the main image, plus the letters & some extra little flowers & branches.  For my first card I die cut the main image & letters from silver metallic & white cardstock.  
I attached the silver image to a gray, textured panel & then inlaid the white letters stacked 3 high.  The top layer is brushed with a glitter pen & is so gorgeous in person.  
The sentiment from Winnie & Walter was stamped in black on a strip from a PFS die & I glued it over the O.  I added a bunch of clear gems & matted the panel with black cardstock.  This is one of those cards I keep looking at as it's just what I love.  The great thing is, it was easy to do.  I purposely used silver & white with neutrals of black & gray so I can enter Color Hues.  Soon I'll show you the card I made with the white main piece & silver letters.  I'm also entering WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


17 comments:

  1. That joy die is fabulous, I can see why you had to have it. Love the teal love and the teal tipped flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of all your designs, yet they pack a punch at the same time! Prettiness times, three! Sending a big hug your way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first card, that heart is a favourite of mine and the stacked sentiment sets it off to perfection.
    The purple card works well. I would not have thought to check out the colours they way you did. So clever! No wonder you hankered after the Joy die; it's superb. I'm sure you will use it many time. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning cards Greta. All of them are stunning. sending a big hug for you. Time certainly goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layering of the sentiment and the colours on your first card look amazing Greta. Vibrant second one and a 'WOW' of a third one, with a great die and loving teh tonal colours x. Thinking of you and sending hugs Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards are stunning, Greta! I love the Joy die, so perfect for the color challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three gorgeous cards, Greta! Especially love the delicate heart with the layered love sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great trio of cards, Greta! I absolutely adore your first card and the color choice! As for your purple card, I love the subtle color on the leaves and yes I can see that they are green. As for your final card, I have the Noel die set from Spellbinders and I might just have to add this one to my wish list now. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and here is a Cyber hug for you today! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More WOW's with your cards Greta, they are all so very beautiful. I love the delicate colours to them all. I'm sorry it's a sad anniversary Greta, I still haven't got over the loss of one my brothers, I understand the hurt and sadness you feel.
    Hugs
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three really lovely cards today. I think my favourite has to be the first one, just beautiful and a lovely tribute for your brother. It is always good to remember xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three wonderful card, Greta. My favourite is the first one, just stunning! Thinking of you today, I'm sure you have many treasured memories of your brother. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. another fabulous set of cards, greta. love the way you stacked the words on the first card. the second is simple, but so elegant and the final card is so beautiful done in the silver, gray and white.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightful trio of cards Greta. I love all the little extra elements you include to make each card that bit more special.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creations ...The spellbinders card is unbelievably gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three simply beautiful cards Greta. Love that first one, the layered love is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful as always, Greta. Your art is always a blessing and encouragement to me and it never grows old seeing your wonderful art linked in our gallery at Word Art Wednesday. I can't really thank you enough and I want you to know that I appreciate you. Have a wonderfully creative week.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta these are all such beautiful cards! I especially love you use of silver on your Color Hues card, the silver die cut over the grey is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.