Friday, February 4, 2022

Three More Cards

I've participated in the monthly CCC card exchange for many years.  It's been fun to "meet" fellow cardmakers all over the world.  Here's my January card that made it to Australia in 3 weeks. 
I was inspired by Dawn Woleslagle's beautiful card.  I stamped an image from Penny Black's Delicate Florals using Distress Inks blueprint sketch, mermaid lagoon & lucky clover.  I used a wet brush to spread a little of the ink.  I picked up very diluted ink to add a bit more color in some areas & splattered the dark blue & green.  The sentiment is from Newton's Nook Blooming Botanicals.
Uniko is celebrating it's 10th birthday.  Beverley is a wonderful designer & such a generous small business owner.  Here's my card for the birthday link up inspired by Laura Bassen's card for her daughter, Bailey. 
I used the Mid Century Modern Shapes stencil with SSS Steel Blue, Mint Candy & Apricot Hybrid inks.  The leaves from Natures Treasures II were stamped in Brilliance Starlite Black & the sentiment from Simply Said Blocks was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I added black splatters & Shimmer Pico Embellisher dots.
 
My final card is for CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #455.  
Again I was inspired by Cecile.  I smooshed Distress Inks picked raspberry, spun sugar & festive berries on a small rectangle of watercolor paper, drying after each color.  Then I stamped 3 very old wood mounted stamps using Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


20 comments:

  1. A lovely display, have to say now I've found CCC am enjoying being part of it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the penny black stamp, just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so clean and pleasing to the eye. Beautiful cards, Greta. I am drawn more and more to the clean look with white space and these are perfect. Hope you are doing well and keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three cards have your delicate style embedded. Sweet cards, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great cards Greta. I love the soft inking on the first one, the great stamping on the second and that lovely splashy background on the third. I am hoping that I can get round to making a Uniko birthday card to take part in their celebrations as I haven't had Bev's stamps out much recently xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous cards, Greta! I like the artistic flair each one has. The black card base on the last one adds incredible drama to the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! They all have such a soft look and so much interesting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three wonderful cards Greta, every one a beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tree beautiful cards Greta. I love the delicate florals on the top card, the mod, stylish style of the second and the drama of the black and pink on the last one. The black and white heart stamp might be old, but it's sill lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty cards here Greta ! love the soft colours and design too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three lovely and very artsy cards, Greta. Love the softness of the stamping on the first one. the second one is just cool and the ink smooshing on the final card is absolutely perfect with those three hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More delicate and gorgeous cards from your Greta, they really are very lovely.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful cards Greta. Each is so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three fabulous cards Greta x. Great effect on the first, fabulous design and stamping on the Uniko card and loving the smooshing on the last x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three fabulous cards Greta! Love your smooshed background for our challenge but I especially love your second card too - I can't get enough of stencils at the moment! Thanks for playing along with us again over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three simply sweet creations Greta! Just love your wonderful backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're having so much fun with ink, Greta and the results show! I love that last card with its sweet smoosh and the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are amazing! Your cards are all fantastic, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated brithday wishes my friend. I hope my card arrived and I hope your day was as wonderful as your creative talent... Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic use of the Uniko products there Greta. The stencilling looks fabulous overlayed by the leaves. Thanks for joining in with the Uniko 10th birthday celebrations. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.