Monday, January 3, 2022

Birthday and Valentine's Day

I didn't let myself do much shopping over the holidays as I'm really trying to use what I have.  My first card is a good example.  
I've had SSS Grid Play stencil & SSS/PPP Damask Greetings stamp set a long time, but neither had been used.  Recently Laura Bassen posted a card on IG that I totally loved.  My card looks very different, but shows how being inspired doesn't mean copying.  I have so many ink pads, I hardly ever pull out my Hero Arts ink cubes.  For this card I used Passion Flower, Ultra Pink & Cornflower.  
The damask images were stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  For the sentiment, I combined SSS Painted Happy Birthday word die cut & the little words from SSS Anna's Flowers.  I added black & silver splatters plus black Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm entering SSS Flickr challenge, Stay Crafty with Hero use circles & Time Out New challenge--my newly used products hopefully qualify.
Next is my first Valentine of 2022.  I used SSS Heart Banner die, an old MFT sentiment, Spellbinders Floral embossing folder, red Altenew watercolor marker, Liquid Pixie Dust & Hero Arts red ombre sequins. 
The hearts were stacked 4 high & are really sparkly from adding Pixie Dust to the ink from the marker.
Pretty simple card which took me a whole evening to complete--haha!  At least I'm happy with the result.  I'm entering SSS Flickr.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



11 comments:

  1. You jogged my memory about Hero inks as I have some tucked away somewhere, two super cards as always.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet pastels on the first and the heart border on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Greta, the technique on your first one is definitely worth a try, so effective. I must remember to have a go. Love the embossing and heart border on your second card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Effective technique on the first and love the dimension on the second. Both cards are fabulous Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two terrific cards, Greta! You know I love those big dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful set of cards, Greta! The first one is so fun with the combination of the damask and dots. The second is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using what I have and you made a great card with your stash. I love the Valentine card. That heart banner is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first card really is a happy card Greta, love the pink, blue and grey. Your second is fabulous, love the embossing bordered with hearts.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on using what you have Greta. Like you, I have product which has never been opened. My New Year Resolution is to not buy ANY product at all! How long do you think I'll last? Tee Tee! But back to your pretty cards. I love the spotty approach on your first card and with Valentines coming up, your heart card is just the ticket. Lovely work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both wonderful, and I am going to be inspired by you and try to use what I have before shopping for new. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards! Looks like you've been having super time playing with your stash. I love the colors of the first card especially! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.