Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Two Holiday Cards

We're having a quiet holiday week.  With winter weather & Covid concerns, we just stayed home.  I'm always happy to make cards!  
First up is my entry for Inspired By Challenge 200.  I had no trouble picking a previous winning card for inspiration as I love the CAS candle card my friend Rosemary made for IB196.  I used the same colors of light gray, white, red & green. 
I finally opened the beautiful Elizabeth Craft Designs Festive Glow die set.  The sentiment from PTI Framed Out 9 includes the word "bright" as does Rosemary's sentiment.  The mat is Soft Stone & the sentiment is stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Rosemary's panel was die cut, but I used a die from AJVD to emboss the edges of the white panel.  The bow is die cut from red felt & everything else from white scraps.  
The candle overlay is brushed with shimmer & the flame is covered with Nuvo Glaze.  I used Distress Oxides rustic wilderness, fossilized amber & spiced marmalade.  The sparkle on the branches is from Stardust Stickles. 
Next is a card for Uniko Challenge #68, Let's Squash It #15 (stencil & embossing folder) & SSS Flickr Challenge 191.  I've been wanting to use Uniko's Flower Power #1 stencil & finally came up with this card.  
I inked the stencil with Distress Oxide candied apple, repositioned it & inked with Distress Oxide rustic wilderness.  Wasn't sure I'd like the colors overlapping, but I do!  The panel was dry embossed with a Sizzix Poinsettia folder.  
The poinsettia, branches & sentiment are from SSS Peaceful Christmas. I love being able to use DO inks for stamping to match a background. I decided against bling & just added 3 dots of Christmas Red Stickles to the flower center. I lightly raised the petal edges which really changes the look.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Greta! And you had snow! I got your beautiful card Thank you! I hope you had a lovely Christmas... Best wishes for the New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta you have taken all the very best elements of Rosemary's card and totally made them shine - no pun intended!
    LOve that gorgeous candle die and all its beautiful detail, the shine of its flame, and your darling felt bow!
    Thanks so very much for spending a little of your holiday card-making time with us at IB200!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning Christmas cards, Greta! Just love the chunky candle on card one and the gorgeous embossed stencil on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning first card and the prettiest of candle Greta x. I love how you did the stencilling on the second and it really is so very striking Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful cards, Greta - love love the candle card!! snow is coming our way tomorrow:-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it that you were inspired by sweet Rosemary's card! Wow do I love the candle you used, what a gorgeous card. So happy to have you celebrating our 200th with us, Greta! Your second card is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards ! And what a wonderful showcase of the Uniko's stencil with this stunning card. Love your bicoloured poinsettia and the dry embossing on top. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Greta, the first card is just superb. I love the intricate details on the candle and the shimmery shine, which offset the red bow and the green boughs. Poinsettias are always a winner for me and your second card is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy i could inspire you, friend! i love your take on my candle card... so pretty! the second card is so fun with the stenciled and embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! You did Rosemary proud...this is such a pretty CAS design and the candle image is awesome! Thank you so much for celebrating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is good news to be found at Inspired By today, Greta!
    Congrats!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.