Friday, October 24, 2014

Pumpkins



PrintI'm really enjoying my MFT Primitive Pumpkins stamp set & dies this year, so I've made more Halloween cards than usual. The fun grid sketch for MFT WSC challenge provided my layout & the colors & pumpkins on the napkin in the photo were my inspiration. 
We have a lovely boutique in our little town--mostly I just admire the beautiful items & occasionally buy a gift there. Fortunately, they also carry lots of May Arts ribbon which they sell by the yard. Couldn't resist a yard of this pretty one which turned out to be perfect for this card.  
Simple to make, except for keeping the grid pieces in order before getting them glued down! I thought I did, but no--finally had to look at the Cuttlebug Embossing folder package after 15 minutes of struggling--LOL!  I'll also enter the PaperCrafts October Gallery challenge, SSS Monday & Fusion.
Thought you might like to see how color totally changes a card. The glue showed through my felt the day after I took the picture of THIS card & I wasn't really happy with it anyway. Here's the re-do which I like much better. 
Thanks for taking time to visit my blog.

18 comments:

  1. Stinking glue!! You reworked it beautifully, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards Greta! The embossed background on the first looks fab! Lovin' all the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pumpkins! I like both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, and yes color does sometimes make a huge difference! There is a scramble this afternoon at 2 pm pacific over at hero arts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. both cards are wonderful, greta! it is amazing how changing up the color can make a card look so very different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations! Love those pumpkins! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww what cute pumpkins, this is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is really cute. I love that you die cut the burlap and it goes so well with the pumpkins. The pearls add a festive touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ended before I was ready! Your first card is the bomb! Cutting up the squares is very cool but I see why it could be a challenge if they got out of order! I do love the card and it's very creative. the ribbon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are fun! I love your design on the first and the use of velum! Thanks for joining us at Fusion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you!
    This is really interesting Greta, I'm split between the two and I'm still trying to understand why!
    Amazing what a different background will do. I would automatically pick the first one to be more masculine and the second more feminine...isn't it something? pre-conceived notions perhaps?
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely pumpkin cards Greta! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAHA, an all black puzzle would be tricky! I can relate :) I love that ribbon too. And what a different feel on the second card - love the embossed pumpkins on the background, and the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVELY pumpkims!!! AMAZING colors, lovely addition to the FUSION Gallery of cards, LOVE it, thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous :) I love the embossed black grid, looks really amazing. Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty pumpkin delights here, Greta! The black grid and stunning ribbon are delightful complements to those sweet pumpkins on the first card; the burlap, browns and embossing on the second...so unique. I'm glad you're not asking me to choose a favourite; they're both perfect!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.