Sunday, October 26, 2014

Faux Stained Glass

As you probably know, I love the PTI MIM challenges. Somewhere I have a bag full of acrylic pieces I've saved from packaging, but it's hiding--LOL! Fortunately, I have a couple pieces waiting to go into that bag.  I was surprised how easy it was to stamp this poinsettia from PTI Peaceful Poinsettia using Staz On ink.  I colored on the back with Copics RV09, 19 & Y06.  It is so fun to learn a coloring technique a "coloring challenged" stamper can do--LOL!  The stained glass technique I learned many years ago just involved using glitter & I couldn't resist adding some to the berries.  
By putting it on the backside the glitter is protected & can't rub off.  I used Spellbinders to make my frame & stamped the rows of flowers (from the same set) in Memento Luxe Wedding Dress on the vellum panel. The sentiment (same set) is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I've been wanting to use one of my doilies & it worked perfectly here, using the layout from Viva la Verve sketch October week 1.  
I also used a couple scraps so will enter at Pixies Snippets Playground. Your comments are greatly appreciated--thank you!

20 comments:

  1. Great tip for the glitter! That stuff usually gets EVERYWHERE! That poinsettia is just so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this , I've been creating stained glass for years so this would be a fun technique!! :) beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Greta! I love all the white space and then the pop of gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Greta. The colour is gorgeous and love the pop of colour against all the white. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Greta

    A wonderful Christmas card, it's beautiful, and a great take on the sketch. I love the clean lines and pop of colour. Just stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... absolutely gorgeous, greta!! you totally rocked the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very gorgeous Christmas card using the faux stained glass technique! Such a gorgeous flower...well done!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card! Loving all the white space and that pop of color from the flower. I love a fun technique so I ought to try it. Have a great week! I am off to become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work again Greta. Love the subtle white on white on your vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the simple elegance of this one! Incredible color of the stained glass image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You mastered this technique, Greta! Your poinsettia is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card, Greta! Love the subtle glitter with your elegant design...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember learning this technique at the same store I bought those 'vintage' Hero Arts sequins, Greta! Your poinsettia card is beautiful and the glittered center is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous poinsettia, I love the vibrant colour against the white, very elegant. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally gorgeous! I bet I could manage this technique even :) Love the perfect amount of glitter & shine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning! The poinsettia looks like it was meant for this technique. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is so pretty. You are so artistic and come up with great ideas. The doily is the perfect backdrop for this gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Greta! Your stained glass Poinsettia looks fantastic! Way to rock the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. No 'colouring-challenged' visible here, Greta; only sheer beauty! Beautiful hues on your poinsettia, and the glimmer....oh my! This is a knock-out!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.