Thursday, October 16, 2014

Dipped Leaves for an Anniversary

I do love the PTI MIM challenges--always learn something new to try.  I've actually embossed the edges of die cuts before, but don't think I've ever die cut leaves from patterned paper or layered the vellum image on the bottom & I did both for this card. My sister & BIL are celebrating this week & I wanted to make something different for them this year.  The dipped leaves in the video were beautiful & appropriate for a Fall anniversary, so I pulled out PTI Rosie Posie.  My BIL likes green & I found this double sided paper in my stash with designs that would work. I love gold, but they go more for silver, which I didn't want to use. Decided instead to focus on the green, so sponged the edges with Encore Ultimate Metallic Honeydew & embossed with clear ep twice.  I stamped the small leaf from the same set in Distress Ink antique linen & the sentiment is an old one from Posh Impressions stamped in the Honeydew.  The stitched rectangles are by Lil' Inkers.  The button is one I bought at the stamp store in Berkeley when my sister & I met my blogging friend, Sue.  Wish I had a pack of them--perfect color for the cream cardstock from Michaels.  I really like how this came out, so guess I'm a simple girl at heart.  I used some scraps so will enter at Pixies Snippets Playground.  I'm also entering Cuttlebug Mania (I used my Big Shot). Thanks for taking time to visit my blog.

29 comments:

  1. Greta your card is very pretty! I love your pattern paper on the leaves with the sponged edges and clear embossing and your vellum underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta

    Wow I love your card, it's beautiful. I love your simjple design and those die cut patterned paper leaves are brilliant, now why did I not think of this LoL.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Anniversary card is beautiful, Greta. Love the vellum and the green printed leaves.
    I'm sure it will be a big hit with your Sis and BIL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! another absolutely gorgeous card, greta!! your take on the MIM technique is spot on! your sister and BIL will be so thrilled to receive this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have taken a great technique and given it your own unique twist. Your card looks lovely. I have not heard of this challenge before and watched the video with interest. I see I have a lot of catching up to do. Have just found a UK outlet that sells their stamps too.! Yay.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those dipped leaves...so pretty! And the stitched rectangles give great interest to your card! I'm sure your sis and BIL will appreciate this lovely anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your leaves are just beautiful, Greta! Gorgeous stamping. I love the layers with vellum too! Such a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. classy and elegant fall design, lovin everything about your card!! Smiles to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh they are going to LOVE this card!! VERY WELL done Greta and very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An elegant as well as seasonal card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your take on the PTI challenge this week is spot on, Greta! I love that you used the Encore honeydew ink - sometimes the "older" products give us just the look we want for a card, don't they? The vellum layer adds a pretty softness. A great anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little button detail just adds a layer of adorableness to this gorgeous card! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful leaves, what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty card Greta and a lovely idea to use patterned paper for the leaves!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, that button...ya I would hoard those!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...you certainly rocked the MIM, Greta!
    Every little detail about this beautiful card caught my eye!
    Your sister & BIL will love receiving this beauty! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the dipped leaves, beautiful card Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Such pretty paper and your color choices are perfect. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Greta!
    Love the colors you were able to achieve and the leaves look sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so subtle and soothing, great choice of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Greta! Those leaves look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So perfectly elegant! I love the layered leaves & the combination of green & gold!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this gorgeous card!!!!


    Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty. I'm sure they will love it. I love the edges embossed like that and the patterned paper you used for the leaves. The little leaves stamped on the white softens the card along with the vellum. I love the name of that Ink - honeydew.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card has me swooning ... so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your sister and BIL will adore this card, as do I. No, wait...I don't 'adore' it, I'm smitten with it, crushing over it, and totally in LOVE! Truly gorgeous! The leaf cluster, the leaf background and that charming sentiment...sighhh...guess another shift will happening in that favourites list!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your patterned leaves - so different

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.