Monday, October 20, 2014

An Emerson Quote

INSPIRATION PHOTO
Time for my 3rd post as a guest designer for City Crafter Challenge Blog.  This week we are to make a project including stars, moon, sun, rain, cloud or snow--lots of options!  I bought this Wordsworth stamp many years ago & used it for a card published in Stampers Sampler the July after the 9/11 terror attacks.  Not sure I've used it since then & thought it'd be perfect for the challenge.  I began by making the watercolor background with my new wc paints using a purple & 2 blues on 140 pound wc paper.  The beautiful quote was heat embossed & then I spritzed the panel with Shimmer Spritz giving a wonderful shimmer.  I used a Spellbinders square die to make the black frame which is mounted with foam tape.  
The little wooden star was painted with Lumiere Super Sparkle to tie in with the shimmery panel.  Hope you'll check out the talented DT:  Ros, Char, Stella & Kirsty.  Thank you so much for your visit.

21 comments:

  1. What a perfect quote for that challenge. I'm going to have t go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta

    A beautiful and stunning card. I absolutely love your background it's amazing, with such a perfect quote.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Greta. A great inspirational piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card for the challenge ... I love your painted background! So glad you are guesting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background! Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous quote, and your background is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background for your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Greta, I love the shimmering background, the colors are awesome, my favorite shades, and lovely quote too, thanks for being our guest again this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta this is marvelously simple and a delight, LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...you should have sent out a warning that this gem was next on my gallery walk, because *ouch*...another episode of jaw-dropped awe! Your transformed this sentiment into a card that is absolutely stunning with its simplicity! An ingenious interpretation of the challenge...Amazing!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card, Greta! Your background is so dreamy and the sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautifully done, greta... the background you created is just stunning and so perfect for the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card Greta!
    What a magical background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and that stamp deserves to be used more.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your GDT spot. Your card is beautiful, and I love your background

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the sky u created :) fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being GDT! Wonderful card - you captured the inspiration picture perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful, Greta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful way to show off this wonderful quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.