Sunday, October 12, 2014

Friendship

Made a lot of progress today catching up on blogs, so took some time out to make a card for the PTI MIM challenge to dry emboss over heat embossing.  The trees are from PTI Through the Trees & the sentiment is from PTI Lovely Leaves. I love white embossing on kraft & decided to add blue ribbon & gems for a bit of color. Prisma glitter was added to the trees using my Glue Pen--really pretty in real life.  I need to get another PTI cover plate, but for this card I really like the look from the hexagon, thank goodness! The Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangle makes a great card base, don't you think?  I've really gotten into using splotches. These were made with my waterbrush using Distress Stain tumbled glass & Distress paint picket fence.  I used cardstock from my scrap pile, so can enter at Pixies Snippets Playground.  Even though the time away was wonderful, it really feels good to get back to making cards.  Wishing you a lovely week & thanks so much for taking time to check my blog.

20 comments:

  1. great card Greta. Love the shaped base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The splotches are so perfectly subtle on kraft! I don't think I've ever tried it on kraft (makes plans for the morning). I love the sparkle of the trees - makes them look freshly covered with snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shape and i LOVE the white trees on your kraft base! Very pretty Greta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of your card. It creates a really cool feel. Then the white trees just pop against the Kraft. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another super fabulous take on the MIM technique, greta!! kraft and white always look perfect together and you have really made the combo shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, Greta. Love your glittery winter trees ~ so pretty on the Kraft paper. Great base card shape and the splotches are cool looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the white embossing on the kraft, Greta! Beautiful bg with all the splashes on the dry embossing and I do like the idea that you turned the wonky shape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Greta. I found your blog by chance, but am so happy to be here. What a pretty glittery winter trees. I have some Stampin' Up! trees similar to this. I might just have to CASE this idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing - very festive! Really like the kraft base.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful Greta, I love how your make those trees glittered!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous design, I love the white glitter trees on the kraft card. The previous designs are also beautiful, I love the leaves! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shimmer on the trees is simply stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, I love this beauty, Greta!
    The pretty blue is striking against the kraft!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card my Friend!
    Love the contrast between the shimmery trees and the darker background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, this is gorgeous. I love the white against the kraft but the blue splotches really make it sparkle. So, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really, really lovely card Greta! I so agree about the wonky rectanles too :)

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like that Wonky Rectangle base and the embossed trees! I love embossing on kraft too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta, this is a stunner. I love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  19. From the shape of your card, to the hexagon background, to the sparkly trees, the net result is stunning! Embossing on kraft seems to add a touch of class and elegance, as you've clearly shown here! Soooooo pretty!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.