Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Altenew Challenge

For once, I'm not last minute with a card for the Altenew July Monthly Inspiration Challenge.  The color combo is beautiful and makes me think of sherbet!  If you know me, you won't be surprised that I used another 3D embossing folder. 
This is my newest one from Altenew and it's called Scalloped Flowers.  I watercolored a wc panel with Altenew Sunkissed wc marker, Coral Berry Crisp dye ink and Fresh Lemon Fresh dye ink.  After it was embossed, I swiped a white pigment pad across the raised edges.  Boy does that make the design stand out!  After splattering with Altenew Jet Black ink spray, I spritzed with Heidi Swapp white Color Shine.  There's a video showing the shimmer in my IG post.  
Love the contrast with the Mid-Century Frame diecut which doesn't cover up much of the design.  The sentiment from Modern Dahlia Bunch was black embossed and watercolored to match.  Finished with black enamel dots.  Always good to have a BD card ready to mail.  I'm also entering The Flower Challenge.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. You nailed those colors, Greta! This is fabulous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - a beautiful card Greta. Love the soft colours you've used. And boy can you see the gorgeous shimmer on your IG post! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must take a lead from you and be more adventurous with my embossing folder, this one is beautifully done.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! SO beautiful, love the embossing in white with the bright sunny colour mix. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous inking and I love the black sunburst frame over top, Greta!! Love the sentiment to match too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right about those colours, simply gorgeous and you have showcased them perfectly with that embossing folder. I love the black contrast too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Greta, those gorgeous colors are vibrant and so perfect for summer! Love your design with the black Mid-Century frame highlighting the center flowers. Bright and beautiful! I'm so glad you shared with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super lovely with the beautiful flower embossing folder, Greta! Love the color and frame die cut, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another amazing background, Greta! Love how you used the colors. I'm still trying to make something work, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool - wonderful background and I love the splatter and white ink that makes the embossed flower stand out. The die in the center as a focal point is awesome as well. Thanks for playing over at the Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty!! Thanks for playing along in the Altenew July 2024 Inspiration challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.