Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Time Out Challenge #268

The theme for Time Out Challenge 268 is To Be On Vacation and our sponsor is Varada Sharma.  All the challenge details can be found in the blog post.
In the Pacific Northwest, a summer vacation means going to the beach for lots of people.  I'm actually more fond of the mountains and lakes, but I did grow up spending a lot of time at the beach.  I was lucky to have been a tagged friend for a Waffle Flower giveaway on IG.  The prize was their Beach Tote Die and Beach Tote Sentiments stamp set.  Just what I needed for my DT card!
I found a long neglected paper pack and chose 3 of the blue and green papers.  The tote was fun and easy to put together.  I used the stamp set for the blue towel stripes and used matching paper for the sunglasses.  The lenses are actually light blue paper covered with glaze, but they turned out to look white.  The sentiment from the stamp set was stamped directly on the tote using Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Stamplorations cover plate of dotted circles made the perfect background.  My sister loves the beach, although she seldom gets there these days.  Think she'll enjoy this card.  
Hope I've inspired you to join the gallery.  You can find lots of inspiration from our guest designer and my teammates at Time Out.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



17 comments:

  1. It's a fun take on the theme Great and definitely say's beach, always like blue and green as a colour combo, this one of very soft.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome card Greta. What a fortuitous win. Perfect for a summer vacation card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and you had the coolest dies, Greta. Love the textures on your rolled up towels and the sunglasses hanging from the bag. And that dotted circle background matches so well with the polka of the bag. Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how fun you won these products, love them! Great use of designer paper and the background really works well with this. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beach bag. It conjures up daydreams of idilic days by the sea. Lovely papers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beach bag is just the cutest, Greta!! So fun to see all the different ways people use this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great win. Love that card, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blue and green beach bag is so cute, Greta! Love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute fun beach card, Greta! Congrats on the win! Love the blue/green color and wonderful circle background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fresh, fun and fabulous Greta. I love the color combination too. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and please know how much I appreciate it. I appreciate you. Hope you're having a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your polka dotty beach bag, Greta! Cute card! I grew up with vacations at the lake, but the beach would have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving those dies Greta, especially with the dotty circle background! I agree about mountains and lakes over the beach - I just have to look at the sun and I burn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these wonderful diecuts Greta! You selection of sfesh summery colours makes it the perfect beachy card! Love it! I wish it was my bag packed for some time on the beach somewhere warm and sunny!! :) I hope you have a good week. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great beach card, all ready to relax. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this die set, and you have used it beautifully here! Perfect for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun beach bag with towels and glasses at the ready Greta! Pretty die cut background as well! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Towels are always necessary at the beach and yourself tucked into the cute beach bag are just what was needed to finish off the delightful card, Greta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.