Friday, July 19, 2024

Poppystamps and Alex Syberia

Took me awhile, but I did have fun making this scene for the Poppystamps July Challenge.  
I blended Distress Oxides pumice stone, lucky clover, prize ribbon and faded jeans with squeezed lemonade through a homemade stencil for the sun.  I lightly added a bit of white pigment ink to the sky.  The fence is Poppystamps Pointy Picket Double Gate and the sentiment is Scribble Hello.  Memory Box Backyard Floral Stems was die cut 3 times and inked with Oxides rustic wilderness, peeled paint, spun sugar, kitsch flamingo and saltwater taffy. 
I cut the one piece diecuts into the pieces and size I wanted.  I used a white gel pen to add a few dots and lines to the blooms.  The sentiment is covered with shimmer and glaze.   
Alex Syberia is hosting Christmas in July on IG.  Here's my first card using the beautifully unique Snowflake Layering die. 
The bottom layer was cut twice from white cardstock.  I brushed one with a shimmer pen and blended Distress Oxide prize ribbon on the other.  The top layer was cut from silver metallic cardstock.  
I found just the right blue dot to go in the center.  The background was made with the Sparkly Flakes cover die and the silver embossed sentiment is from Gina K's Festive Flowers.  The video in my IG post shows the shimmer and sparkle.
Here's my other Alex Syberia Christmas in July card.  
I began by watercoloring 3 pieces of mixed media paper with 2 green Lindy's Magicals and red Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.  Then I die cut three of the Classic Foliage dies from both green sheets and the Winter Foliage berry branch from the red sheet.  The video in my IG post shows the shimmer.  SSS cream cardstock was used for the card and for the background panel which was dry embossed with Chevron Chic cover plate. 
Before adding the foliage, I splattered Gansai Tambi gold watercolor.  The gold embossed sentiment from Gina K's Festive Flowers was die cut with a circle and added with foam tape.  Debated about embellishments and decided they weren't needed.  I'm also entering Color Hues Red and Green and SSS Monday.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


15 comments:

  1. You've been a busy card maker, Greta! I love the sweet scene you put together for our Poppystamps challenge. The flowers look wonderful tucked among the pickets. Two pretty Christmas cards too. I really do need to get busy on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet scene, and what gorgeous Christmas cards, Greta. All beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovelies here Greta, the first reminds me of a traditional cottage garden the second elegant and the third, well I just love a floral wreath.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful cards, Greta. I love your summery scene, and your Christmas cards are just beautiful.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Greta! My fave is the foliage Christmas one but all are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Greta. love all the shine. The last one is my favourite. Superb xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really clever and pretty, Greta. Great job using the Poppy Stamps products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, a lovely collection of cards from summer to Christmas. Each has your special touches and I'll bet they are even more lovely in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to get started on your Christmas cards. The red and green card is gorgeous! I love that chevron embossing folder, and your foliage and berries from the shimmery cardstock are fabulous! (I checked out the IG video.) The gold embossed sentiment on the circle brings the whole design together. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection of cards, Greta! Your card for Color Hues is just perfect. I love the EF background and the heat embossed sentiment. Thanks for being in our gallery at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your festive wreath card Greta, perfect for Color Hues and the others are great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you have been busy and very creative with each of your beautiful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. More beautiful cards, Greta! All so amazing as always, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little garden gate scene you created for the Poppystamps challenge is so pretty! Love the Christmas cards, especially the one you created for Color Hues. Beautiful take on the color combo. You made a fabulous set of cards, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Greta! Wonderful cards as always! I love the garden gate - it's like a walk through the yard and so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.