Monday, July 22, 2024

Christmas and Friendship

I've really gotten into making Christmas cards this month and here's my latest. 
I used leftover Alex Syberia Winter Foliage diecuts.  I had enough of the panels watercolored with green Lindy's Magicals to cut a few more so I could make a nice, full swag.  I don't have Alex Syberia poinsettias, so I used one die from Mysterious Petals to cut white and red glitter cardstock making a fun Christmas flower!  Absolutely love the look of Impression Obsession Woodgrain Frame die cut from silver metallic cardstock.  You can see the sparkle, shine and shimmer in my IG post video.
The old PTI sentiment was stamped in Pure Poppy and I inked the card front to match.  Needed something, so I added green Zig splatters.  I'm entering Alex Syberia Christmas in July on IG, Color Hues (although may not have enough red and green), Christmas Kickstart (which I've been neglecting) and Inkspirational.
I switched gears for the Pinkfresh July Monthly Challenge.  The geometric theme got me to use the Nested Diamond stamp.  I just used the 3 smallest sections, stamping them in Altenew Arctic ink.  Since the new TH weathered wood Distress Spritz was on my table, I used it to get a beautifully shimmery diamond, which you see in my IG post video.  
The floral stems are from one of my favorite PFS products: Sweet Friend Floral.  I made 2 sets so I could have a very full arrangement on the side of the diamonds.  I stamped with Versafine Clair Morning Mist which I also used for the embossed sentiment from the set.  Love having coloring stencils which I used with these Altenew Fresh Dye Inks:  Dusty Pink, Blush Rose, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Firefly and Grass Field.  I brushed all the petals with Lawn Fawn shimmer pen and added yellow Stickles over the yellow inked centers.  
My focal point was attached to an embossed panel and I added a few pink sparkly gems.  I'm also entering SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday and TTTC 252 using the middle row vertically or horizontally.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


17 comments:

  1. Your beautiful Christmas card is such a great design! The silver frame is wonderful with the sparkly red and green foliage! I recognized that sentiment right away, and am glad to be reminded of it. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous swag with your mod flower and the yummy woodgrain frame, Greta! Love your diamond with the cascade of flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards Greta. Love the pretty swag of flowers and foliage and the lovely woodgrain frame on your first one. And the shimmery goodness on your second card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards, Greta! Your Christmas card is stunning, and I LOVE that frame - really has the 'wow' factor. Loving the flower cascade on card #2 too. Thanks for joining Leslie and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas card with the embossing and beautiful die cuts. Also love the beautiful floral display with the diamond shape. Fabulous cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely Christmas card with that beautiful silver woodgrain die cut frame Greta - the red on the card base and foliage really pop off your design! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Use product from 2 or more companies. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS a pretty frame! I like the way you've layered both cards, Greta. They're both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your beautiful and elegant Christmas card, Greta! The die cuts are so pretty and the sentiment is a perfect fit. We're so glad you joined us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful and I love the shine on the first one and those pretty flowers on the second xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta I love your red & green card you made such a pretty cluster! The PF card is beautiful as well, I love their florals so much! I did make a few cards with the larger background last year. Did not love them as much as the wreath, but still beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect Christmas card, Greta! Love the beautiful frame and pretty foliage! Your second card is just as lovely! Very pretty flowers next to the diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two wonderful cards, Greta. My favourite is the first one, a lovey design and colour choice.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous set of cards, Greta! The card for the PFS challenge is so soft and lovely. Love the fun flower that you made for the pretty Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Greta, I especially love the texture in the frame on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two different designs but both are so very pretty! That bold frame on your Christmas card really makes a lovely statement. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful use of the challenge colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta your second CH card is beautiful, I think those are the only cards you know how to much my friend! ❤️ The wood frame in the background and the lovely foliage make for a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing with us not once, but twice at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.