Friday, July 12, 2024

White and Aqua

I had some extra SSS Dreamy Daisy Layers diecuts on my desk, so I just cut a few more to make a card for Color Hues White and Aqua challenge.  I finished the card a few days ago, but having to get a new phone slowed down everything!😄 Still learning the camera, but here it is.
I watercolored the detail layers with Altenew Aqualicious ink.  The tips of the white layers, the centers and SSS Painted Hugs have Frosted Lace Stickles and the aqua layers have Turquoise Stickles.  
The vellum leaves are SSS Etched Laurel Leaves.  I used a Pigment Craft Co cover plate and charcoal cardstock for the background.  The matching sequins were in my stash.  In case you're wondering, I purposely placed the sentiment left of center.  I was aiming for everything to flow from top left to bottom right.  Hope that makes sense.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground, which I've been missing.  The blooms, leaves and sentiment were cut from scraps.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


15 comments:

  1. It's a lovely colour palette Greta and the vellum leaves a lovely touch.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty card Greta. Love how you used the colour combo. It's simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shade of aqua Greta, and I bet the stickles make it fabulously sparklie IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the layout and card is just perfect, Greta! The vellum leaves blend nicely with the colors and I bet this card really shines in real life. Pretty card and thanks for joining us at Color Hues and making my color combo look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blooming lovely card Greta! Great colour scheme and lovely embossing and die cutting of your snippets.
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers look gorgeous. Such a lovely colour and they look even better against that dark background. Love the extra interest from the cover plate too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are wonderful, but it's the little vellum leaves you tucked in that caught my eye! Pretty card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, Greta! The charcoal embossed background makes the beautiful flowers pop, and I love the touch of glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those flowers are so pretty in aqua and white! Beautiful card, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lucky find on your desk Greta, such pretty ones too. Thanks for linking up at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty layered blossoms, Greta - love them atop the chocolate background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a joy to see you playing with us in the Snippets Playground Greta! And, your card is divine - so pretty and fresh - it's a real delight. Hug to Fritz from Dudley Dog!

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out so amazing Greta. You did a great job with the colours and the flowers are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful flowers in aqua and white for your lovely card! Great touch with stickles on the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.