Saturday, September 8, 2018

Yes--You've Come to Greta's Blog!

I don't blame you for being confused!  What a change & I LOVE it!  My blog had looked the same for over 5 years & I really wanted something different.  As many of you will guess, the new look of my Blog is thanks to the talented Loll of Stamping with Loll.  I can't thank her enough for making me beautiful--my blog, that is!
PTI Transformation Tuesday is one of my favorite challenges & Snowflake Flurries is one of my favorite PTI stamp sets.
I love emboss resist, but wasn't happy with the embossing on my previous card.  I decided to go for a lighter red using watercolor for the resist & changed to a satin embossing powder--a favorite from years ago.  The images embossed perfectly this time & I love the look of the watered down candied apple Distress Ink applied with a flat brush. 
I also added some splatters of the same ink.  A different sentiment from the set was black embossed on the panel before I did the watercolor wash.  Nuvo Glaze was added to the centers of the large snowflakes & Star Dust Stickles dots add a bit of sparkle.  I matted the panel with a satin cardstock that matches the embossing.  I'm really happy with the new card & it's flat for mailing.  I'm also entering FMS, SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.
Papertrey Ink Blog
Unfortunately, I need a sympathy card for a blogging friend who recently lost her dad.  My requirements for these cards are that they be simple & beautiful.  Often I use leaves or trees, but decided to try something different.
Cards for any occasion are really saying you care, so thought the beautiful SSS Heart Mandala stencil would work.  The Distress Oxide Inks are abandoned coral, spiced marmalade & fossilized amber.  The sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages is stamped several times in Distress Ink vintage photo.  I used the same ink to make the lined strip using an image from W&W Scenery: Stripes 2.  A piece of white crochet thread was glued where the 2 pieces meet & I stamped the tiny heart included in the sentiment set.  I would call these Fall colors, so I'm entering SSS Flickr 105, SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.



26 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Greta, on your new blog look! It's gorgeous! And you know how I love Snow Flurries too! It's a good look although I do like the first one. Beautiful sympathy card with the soft stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright, cheerful blog look. Loll is so good at this and so sweet to do it. I really like both of the emboss resist looks and by changing the colors it made two different looks. The red Christmas card is great and the softer look is a stunner too. The sympathy card is soft and muted and a perfect condolence card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Loll has done it again making your blog look so fantastic. She is a great blog artist it seems. I have seen others who have benefited by her blog enhancing. And, I must say I love the cards you made as well. Both are so well designed and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new look - the header is fantastic in those colors and love the new font! cards are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new blog style is absolutely stunning. Vibrant, fresh and arty - perfect for your craft creations. I do love the revised version of the red card using Candied Apple. The sympathy card is everything I'm drawn to in that genre. Soft, classic styling, with a connection to nature. Beautiful work on a beautiful new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I so LOVE the look of your new blog. Its light, bright and colorful. It looks so clean. Your redo card is lovely, the red brushes of color look great with the emboss resist. I also like that you reoriented it to portrait view. Your sympathy card is perfect, the soft inking is perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Greta love your cards,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Greta. Love the the emboss resist with your pretty snowflakes. The watercolour is so pretty in pink. The water splatters add some lovely texture to the background.

    Your sympathy card is beautiful. The soft delicate colours of your sponging are just perfect as they fade out towards the center of the card. Great design for both cards!

    LOVE how your new blog design turned out Greta!! So bright and beautiful! Enjoyed working with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous new look Greta. Just love it... and your cards are really awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! What a super blog header!! Love it Greta... Loll is such a sweet and talented lady. Your cards are beautiful ... Great snowflake card and I adore that beautiful sympathy card with the delicate blending... Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful selection of cards and all have them have such an elegant feel to them ~ they are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love the new look of your blog, Greta! Your cards are lovely with the pretty snowflakes! And, very pretty sympathy card! Wonderful stencil and soft inking! Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful set of cards, greta! love the clean and simple looks of all three! your new blog design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your new blog design Greta and your shares today are as lovely as always. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colour wash on your first transformation card looks so pretty. Elegant second card, love the fall colours and the use of the stencil.
    Great new blog header etc and what a kind and generous friend Loll is x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great remake on your holiday card, Greta, and I just love the elegant sympathy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely cards - love your designs! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your beautiful cards! Great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new blog design looks so pretty Greta, I'll bet you're tickled pink! I like your previous and transformed PTI cards. But your sympathy card wins my heart tonight. It's just lovely, so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love love your stencil card, Greta! The sketch and colors are just perfect for autumn and the card is so beautiful. I'm inspired now! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge♡

    Marge
    ×

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!!!!!! I LOVE your "new" blog, Greta!!! It is gorgeous. Loll is amazing!!!
    And great cards, as always, my friend. Kisses!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog looks great! LOVE the header! And your cards are so pretty! Beautiful work!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blog looks fabulous. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta, your transformation cards are gorgeous! I love the bold colors with the snowflakes and the candied apple color is just perfect this time around! And can I just say...I love your BLOG!!! It looks fantastic!! Although I did have to stop for a bit and just make sure I was in the right place! Your header is absolutely stunning - such beautiful and inspiring flowers! So very sweet to make a card for your friend - the mandala is such a perfect choice, so elegant but still uplifting. Love all of your beautiful cards, dear friend. You inspire me endlessly! Many hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE your new look blog, gorgeous !!
    I hope you are all well ?
    Some gorgeous cards, I have never tried distress ink with a flat brush and looking at your card I need to !!!
    Sending hugs my lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adore the bright new look of your blog! Loll truly does amazing work with blog designs (and cards, of course)!
    Beautiful sympathy card, Greta, and the two Winter cards are fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.