Sunday, September 23, 2018

Birthday Wishes

I've added lots more stamps & dies on my sale page.

I love victorian velvet Distress Ink, but for some reason I don't use it very often.  Discovered that spun sugar, which I often use, works great with victorian velvet for an ombre look.  The SSS Flickr 106 challenge is to use a resist technique. 
I white embossed images from SSS Spring Flowers & black embossed the sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages on a Bristol panel.  I love victorian velvet Distress Ink, but for some reason seldom use it.  I discovered that spun sugar, which I often use, works great with it for an ombre effect.  I added white dots with an extra fine point Sharpie & used Stickles over the dotted lines of the images.  Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles was used to make the frame & I stacked it 2 high.  Could add some bling, but I really like it as is.  I'm also entering Flickr Love Handmade Cards & SSS Work it Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



21 comments:

  1. love those two colors together also - so pretty with the subtle white embossed flowers and the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two shades do work wonderfully well together for sure.

    I am so glad you used that greeting set. I have a greetings stamp sitting out on my desk and I have no idea which set it came from. I do now.

    So in addition to sharing this beauty, you've put my order-loving-in-my-crafty-space heart to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I don't use the Victorian velvet either but after seeing the fabulous ombre effect with the spun sugar, that you've achieved I will infidelity be using it x Such an elegant and pretty card. The white and black against that beautiful background look wonderful x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and delicate Greta, yes that colour does work so well for the resist ombre look.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Greta. I love the ombré effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greta beautiful card my friend the colour is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very gorgeous with the soft pinks and whites in the background and then the bold black sentiment. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Greta. Lovely ombre effect. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh, how Pretty! LOVE the colors together... I don't use that color often either... maybe I should... totally love the blended Ombre look!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza Greta, this is striking, what an elegant card. The black card base was the perfect choice to let your inking take center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soft, pretty and oh so elegant. Lovely work Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great discovery, Greta! Your ombre shading is beautiful on this pretty emboss-resist card! Love the idea of adding the white dots and Stickles and the black sediment and base adds to the elegance!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a beautiful colour combo Greta and such a delicate looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty in that colour Greta! I sorted out a lot of stamps and dies... Not sure what to do with them yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is a beauty, the ombre effect with those two colors is awesome and then the striking black sentiment and frame really makes it pop! Magnificent card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty with those blended inks, Greta! Just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful ombre background, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous. I love your subtle pink sponging and lovely ombre.

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning...love your soft sweet background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So soft and pretty! The bit of sparkle is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.