Thursday, September 20, 2018

PTI MIM and TT

Took me awhile to figure out what leaves to use for PTI MIM Faux Gilded Leaves.  Most of my PTI leaf dies are smaller images, but then I saw the Meadow Greens dies which I don't think have ever been used.  They actually worked great!  
The square Window Works die was cut from Classic Kraft & backed with black cardstock.  Three leaf die cuts were embossed with gold, platinum & copper powders, arranged in a bouquet & mounted with foam tape. 
I gently bent the edges up with my fingers--gives such a different look.  The sentiment is from Take Three: Fall.  My black Zig is my favorite to use for splatters--adds just the right amount of texture.
I really do love the PTI Transformation Tuesday challenges.  This time I transformed a transformed card--haha!  In May I tore apart a card from 2016 & entered this one for TT.  
Old Card

It's pretty if the light is shining on it just right, but the images are difficult to see.  This time I went for a totally different look still using Friendship Jar Flowers stamps & Wonderful Words: Hello die cut.  I've been wanting to make something with one of Lexi's last color combos: Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, Melon Berry & Sweet Blush.  I really do love the results. 
New Card
The flower & foliage images are clear embossed & the dots are Ocean Tides second generation stamping & Sweet Blush.  I blended Melon Berry & Sweet Blush on the word, stacked it 2 high & covered it with Nuvo Glaze. 

A strip of Ocean Tides was used down the side & the flower centers are covered with Stickles.  This card is going in the mail soon & won't even need extra postage.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



25 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards Greta! I LOVE the leaf... so pretty! Have a great weekend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards Greta. The leaves are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves are gorgeous, and I love that you tipped them upwards. YOur second card...well I gasped. Love love love it. So light and fabulous. That one hit my top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the Meadow Greens leaves, this is so pretty Greta! And look at you with another fantastic transformation. Pretty colors on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely cards Greta and all with an Autumnal edge to them, espeically like the rich looking leaves on the first.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those faux gilded leaves are beautiful and just shine. I love that matting you did. The TT card is just beautiful too. Two lovely cards with lots of happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful cards, Greta - those leaves are gorgeous and love that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous leaves front and center in that square cutout, Greta! Also love your remake using Lexi's color scheme. Two beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful set of cards, greta! love your take on the MIM technique... so pretty! your remake of the remake is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your cards! The Meadow Greens leaves are perfect for that window. Great embossing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely. That ombre Hello is wonderful on this pretty floral card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Greta! I love your gilded leaves from the Meadow Greens set...perfect choice and I love how you have them set against black where they really pop! Your Transformation Tuesday card is just lovely too...LOVE the color combo!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely trio of cards, Greta! Gorgeous gilded leaves, so pretty! Your last two cards are just as beautiful with the flowers and foliage! Love the different shades of color and wonderful.ul shine on your last card, too! Well done, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant first card. The black little square frames those beautiful die cut and embossed leaves. Love the little black splats too. Wow on the stunning embossing and colours on the last card....Stunning x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful embossed leaf card, Greta! (Would love to see you playing in Twofer sometime!) And your transformation card is so pretty! The lighter background really makes your images stand out!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your faux gilded leaves card Greta!! Wonderful technique and a gorgeous design! And what a make over with the hello card. So pretty with this new and fresh colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS cards, as always, Greta. Lovely colours and designs. You always inspire me, my friend. Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Greta wow beautiful cards ,I really love the leaf card,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two fabulous cards, Greta. Love your gilded leaf. It really turned out beautifully. BTW, love your new blog look. Isn't Loll the greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous collection of cards, each of them offering something special. I love the gilded look on the first one, the simplicity of the second one and the absolute wow factor of the third one. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful cards... I love that embossed leaf and your design and your transformation card is spectacular!! Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your faux gilded leaf (and the pen)! And it's always fun and interesting how you transform your creations! Great cards again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.