Monday, September 10, 2018

Heading to Fall

Love the cooler temperatures as we head to Fall, but I'm not looking forward to picking up the leaves hubby rakes--haha!  I've made a couple more cards with Fall colors.
First is my entry for ModSquad where the challenge is to "stamp" your background with an acrylic block.  It's been a long time since I used that technique & I wanted to give it a try with Distress Oxides. 
I used a long, narrow block with these colors: peeled paint, spiced marmalade, abandoned coral & fossilized amber.  I spritzed & stamped each color separately, drying in between, onto a panel of watercolor paper.  After it dried, I stamped my very old leaves from an out of business company using Brilliance Coffee Bean.  The same ink was used for the sentiment from Precious Remembrance Shop Fall Colors.  I added some brown splatters & mounted the panel with fun foam to a kraft card. I'm also entering Flickr Love Handmade Cards.
Modsquad Challenge
Next is a card heading to a blogging friend going through a sad time.  I started with a panel of Bristol cardstock I had colored with several shades of green inks--probably Zigs. 
I added red, orange & yellow with Zigs.  Then I die cut it with a stitched rectangle & dry embossed it with the gorgeous Tim Holtz 3D folder.  I rubbed Delicata Golden Glitz on the raised areas--so pretty in person. 
The sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages was stamped in Altenew Forest Glades on vellum & then over stamped in Golden Glitz.  Sequins were too sparkly, so I used gold Pico Embellisher.  I'm entering SSS Flickr 105.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Greta! The leaves on the first look like they could float right off of the card. So sorry to hear there's a friend going through a sad time. The card you've made for them will definitely lift their spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are so pretty, Greta - love the leaves on that pretty background and the card for your friend will surely cheer her up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greta I love both these cards,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely Greta, the embossing on the second really pops with the inks but I am so drawn to the first - have a thing for leaves and trees.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Greta. The first one is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new blog look Greta!
    Beautiful work and thank you to all for inspiring me to create (even though my stuff are still in boxes, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh how beautiful, Greta! I love both cards so much - the first is such a fantastic technique and I love the way it looks with oxide inks! The colors are just perfect for fall! Love the second card, too, and how you added the shimmer to embossed areas! Soooo pretty! Also just wanted to say a big, big thank you for all of your love and support over on my blog! Your sweet notes always put a smile on my face and I just want to send you a million thank you hugs! xo dear crafty friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. I love the new look of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful set of fall inspired cards, greta! the acrylic block stamping on the first one is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors and great design. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those backgrounds you made. They are so awesome and perfect with the designs you added to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, leaves and clean-up are never-ending, right? The background on your first card glows and makes the brown leaves all the prettier. I like all the steps you took on the next card and ending with some gold highlights rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall cards, Greta! I love, love, love your Thanksgiving card with that stunning background panel and leaves!! Don't hurt your back picking up those leaves! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. p.s. Forgot to say how much I love the new look of the blog that Loll created for you with her magic fingers! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Greta, love that first one. Those oxide inks really seem to have takent o the block stamping. Your second card has a wonderful mix of greens and I bet that gold is fabulous. I am so glad we have someone to deal with our leaves. IT would take hours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the dreamy look of your first card with the leaves, Greta! Not looking to raking the leaves here either. We have eight trees. It’s a combined effort with me and hubby, too!:). Second card is very pretty, also! Love the embossed background and awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are gorgeous, Greta! I simply love them. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two beauties, Greta!! Love how the DOX acrylic block watercolouring turned out. Looks fantastic with your beautiful stamped leaves and splatters. Your thinking of you card is so pretty with the bright colours and gold highlights. This is sure to cheer up your friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've created a fabulous background for your trio of leaves! The shimmering, embossed panel of your second card looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Cards! Love the colors!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.