Saturday, September 29, 2018

Clearly Besotted

Back from our last camping trip of the year.  When it's t-shirt & shorts weather at the Oregon coast, you know you hit it right!  Kind of in shock today with clouds & a shower, but I'm not complaining.  We've had more than enough sun this year & could use a good soaking.
Always anxious to get back crafting after being away & today I have 2 cards to share.  I won a gift certificate for Clearly Besotted a few years ago.  Clearly I have too much stuff as these are my first cards using Tiny Trees--a wonderful stamp set!  
First is my Rudolf Days entry using one of the PTI Window Works dies that reminds me of a Christmas ornament. 
The Clearly Besotted tree was white embossed on a scrap of white cardstock & then I used the direct to paper technique with Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy.  The leaves were covered in Crystal Stickles & the panel was mounted with fun foam to a white card.
This is my kind of card--clean & elegant.  The Christmas greeting will be inside.  I'm also entering HLS Christmas, SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday. 

Next is an Autumn card using a different tree & a sentiment from the same set.  As I was debatting what inks to use, I remembered my favorite Kaleidacolor pad--Autumn Leaves. 
Just love the fun look it gave the trees!  I used the brown ink in the pad so the sentiment is a perfect match.  The gold splatters are made with Distress Stain Tarnished Brass.  I twisted 3 strands of twine & attached them to ground the trees before gluing the panel to a kraft card.  Seems I missed all the Fall Color challenges, but I'll enter SSS Wednesday.  
Edited to add: Words 2 Craft By is still open, so I will add my card to the gallery.
Grab Our Blinky!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


24 comments:

  1. Two fantastic cards Greta!! Your ornament card is gorgeous. Love the CAS design. The white tree really stands out against the deep green. Your autumn card is so beautiful using the kaleidoscope ink. Just perfect image for this design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are the Queen of elegance when it come to cards Greta, both cards are a delight and so stylish.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - two beautiful cards. The first one is so elegant and the autumn on is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are lovely! The fall card is wonderful with that gorgeous ink.

    Your entry for Rudolph Days is stunning. That die does indeed look like a bauble. This is a very elegant card, Greta.

    Thank you for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, Greta. Your first card design is so elegant and I love how the colours change on the trees of your second card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your clean and simple designs, greta! both are absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving that ornament card with the white tree. It looks gorgeous against that green. Beautiful fall trees in lovely colors on the second card. I'm glad you were able to have warm weather for your last camping trip this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stylish festive card Greta and I love the gorgeous sparkle. Glad you enjoyed your last camping trip of the year.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards Greta, you've shown the stamps and dies off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are so beautiful and well designed. I love the elegant simplicity of them. We had our first frost this past week and now the growing season has ended for us here. My hubby did put my petunias inside though so if it warms up enough I will hang them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very elegant Christmas card, Greta! I love that little tree and how dimensional it looks with the added glitter! Your fall card is lovely too. Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
    Linda
    Rudolph Days Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Greta love both of your cards,you are very clever my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The die cut framing the tree is wonderful, Greta, and the tree is gorgeous with all it's glitter. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! Two glorious card Greta. The tree ornament is classic and stunning; a new fave for me and the Autumn trees are charming as well. What a lovely set to win. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how lovely is your Christmas card! Very elegant and beautiful! Your fall card with the trees has amazing color, very eye catching! Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow your card is absolutely elegant! love the design! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. two sweet cards Greta...love your gorgeous trees!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first card is so delicate and pretty and so very classy. Love the fall colours of the second card. The camping trip sounded fun x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness Greta, your first card is stunning, it's so crisp and fabulous! Your autumn card is warm and cozy, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had a good time Greta... Your cards are so elegant and beautiful... I love the ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Greta! First of all, glad to hear you've been on some fun camping trips this year. Secondly, glad that you're back in the craft room... making more beautiful cards to inspire us mere mortals. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By. It's always a pleasure to see your lovely creations in our W2CB Gallery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet little tree and you created two very different cards for two different seasons! The sparkly tree in the ornament looks very festive, and the three trees in their fall foliage are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.