Thursday, September 13, 2018

Merry Wishes

I've had Alcohol Inks for years, but have seldom felt successful using them.  This year there have been quite a few videos out there, including one from Jessica Frost-Ballas adding foil before the AI dries.  My friend, Betty, told me about the video & even sent me a card using the technique.  Finally, when I saw the Ellen Hutson challenge to use AIs, I determined to make a card.  I don't have EH stamps, but I do have the Leaping Deer die. 
Isn't he beautiful cut from Yupo paper (thank you, Colleen!) inked with Coral & Crimson AI plus a little silver mixative & silver foil?!  I added 2 cardstock layers to make him nice & thick before mounting him to the beautiful Gina Marie die cut rectangle sent by my friend, Brenda.  I added some dimension to the rectangle by adding 2 layers of cardstock under the solid area.  Surprising how much difference it makes & yet the card remains fairly flat for mailing.  Love this 2007 Stampendous sentiment & the Taylored Expressions Snowfall embossing folder which I used on a panel of PTI Spring Rain cardstock.  The final touches were to add 3 little red gems & a tiny red pearl.  I really love how this card turned out & hope you like it, too.  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with Dies, SSS Wednesday & WAW
Ellen Hutson LLCGrab our badge:
What a relief to finally get some rain after a very dry 3 months.  Before it started, I cut a few Chicago Peace roses to bring in the house. 
My thoughts are with everyone dealing with the hurricane.  Stay safe.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



22 comments:

  1. Super card Greta, the leaping deer is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Greta!! AI's are so beautiful ... there's nothing like it. Love the added silver foil. So pretty on the scalloped frame and over top of the dry embossed snow on soft blue card. Gorgeous design. Aren't crafting friends the best??!! Think of all the lovely gifts you got to make this card. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous effect on your reindeer. love the colour combo. I too have loads of Al's and no ideas on how to use. Thanks for the inspiration here. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely card, Greta! I don’t use my alcohol inks too often. It seems I reach for my copic markers more than anything. But, you achieved a great effect with the inks for the deer. And, love the embossed background! A very pretty framed die cut, too! And, I must mention your lovely roses, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your deer is gorgeous, Greta. I bought an alcohol inks kit at Michaels last spring and haven't tried them yet. I just may after seeing this beauty. Beautiful bouquet of Chicago Peace too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your deer is so pretty done in alcohol inks, greta! really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful deer with the alcohol ink. Great card design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks very regal done up in red with the silver accents! A lovely card Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've recently got some Yupo so must try out this. My AI are so old, hope they are still ok. Love this card. Your red deer is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to play with the AI inks. I've been meaning to try that technique out for awhile now...maybe your fab card will push me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, I am learning to work with AI. They make such a vibrant background and yours is beautiful. Adding the foil really gives the image an unexpected shine. This is so lovely. I love how you used the die cut. The fresh roses look beautiful. It's so nice to have fresh flowers in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll be addicted now to the AI's....Your deer does look fabulous, great colours and loving the pop of silver foil. Wonderful card and what marvellous roses. x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, Greta! I love the alcohol ink technique - that deer is gorgeous with a bit of foil peeking out! And I love the layers and textures of the cardstcok you used. Also biggest congrats on the PTI win!! Sending big hugs your way!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous AI deer, Greta! Just love the red with the foil and he looks great atop the lacy rectangle!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful...love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your beautiful, or should I say handsome stag looks wonderful against that pretty frame Greta and you certainly mastered the alcohol inks!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh he's gorgeous!! And what beautiful roses... I can almost smell their scent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful CAS card, Greta! The color palette is so fabulous. Love the unique frame borders, too. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Marge♡

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that Yupo Reindeer! So Beautiful! I must try this!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful roses from your garden, Greta!!!!!!!!!!
    Your reindeer is perfect for a great Christmas card. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Greta!
    I love this fabulous deer you created. Thanks for sharing this sweet card in our challenge. Hope you're having a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful CAS card.
    Thankyou for joining us at Happy Little Stampers AG with Dies Challenge this month, we look forward to see more from you in the future too. All the best.
    Seemaa DT
    (https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.