Sunday, September 16, 2018

'Tis the Season

Actually, the season is Fall--at least it feels like it here.  However, the current PTI release is full of new holiday products.  If you know me you won't be surprised to see that I made a Christmas card for the PTI CAWU challenge.  There are several DT cards I want to case, but I started with this one by Heather 
Poinsettia&pine-card-2-hnicholsI love the branches & the kraft with white color combo.  The stitched frames made me think of the dotted die in Mix & Mat Flourishes.  I stamped images from Spruce & Sprigs on Classic Kraft cardstock using Heather's ink choices of Prairie Grass, Ripe Avocado, Olive Twist & Cocoa Bean. 
The sentiment from Splits: 'Tis the Season was white embossed & I used a fine point Sharpie for the white dots.  The stamped panel was attached with fun foam.  I'm also entering HLS Christmas challenge which I was thrilled to win last month & SSS Wednesday.

Next is a Christmas tag using some of the left over Alcohol Ink panel I used for my last card
The tag is a very old MFT die.  I used another old MFT border die for the wavy edge & Ellen Hutson word dies for the sentiment.  Looked a bit too plain, so dry embossed the tag with a very old Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Finished off with festive red metallic/white twine & a tiny clear gem to dot the i.  I'm entering the EH AI challenge & The Snippets Playground
Ellen Hutson LLCSnippets Playground Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.





25 comments:

  1. Pretty card & tag, Greta! Just love the pines on kraft & the texture on the tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas card and tag are both so well designed. Beautiful pine boughs and great embossed background on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greta,
    Your projects are so beautiful! I love the texture of the dotted die on kraft and the lovely branches. You can't beat red and white and your tag will surely bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love both, Greta - the kraft and white is especially pretty - and great texture on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Greta! I love kraft and white together. Your tag is darling too, great use of your leftover bits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love that dotted frame. Great choices for a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both fabulous holiday card and tag! Greta. The sentiments are so beautiful!n :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the soft earthy colours of the first card and it's a really pretty die, simple yet very effective and a lovely tag as well.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning Greta. The colours on your card are so pretty. And a cute tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Greta, love how the white just highlights that Kraft so nicely. Its a combination I'll have to remember. Your tag makes brilliant use of that lovely AI scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You CASed that card so beautifully! It's wonderful and I love the little tag... I hope you have a great week my friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the colours and framed image and your tag is a super use of snippets xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, this looks fantastic. You're right about the kraft and white combination. It is a beautiful contrast. Adding embossing to your tag really made it pop. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The white dots for the snow?? Genius! I love this so much, Greta! And your tag is adorable! I love the swirls, red on white and that itty bit of twine...So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are so beautiful greta...your tag is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So PRETTY and the Tag is wonderful too!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a big fan of Kraft and your card looks lovely with the dotted frame. Great use of bits and pieces and older supplies to create your sweet tag. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card and a GORGEOUS tag, Greta. Thank you so much for the inspiration, my friend. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty Christmas card and tag! Love the kraft with the white embossing. So fun to use a little bit of left over for your tag - it made such a pretty topper!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your entangled leaves on your fall card. Wind is getting up here and the leaves are starting to get blown down already. Autumn is coming. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the subtle ink colours on the fabulous kraft Christmas card and loving the texture on the cute tag x.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute card layout. I love the white stamp on the kraft paper. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, Pop it Up Challenge!

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Greta and I do love your snippets tag! Perfect!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. love that white and kraft color combination, wonderful card
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your Tis The Season card. I always love whitee and kraft together, and the greens you chose for the branches and sprays look wonderful on the kraft too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.