Sunday, May 5, 2024

Couple Cards

I've participated in the monthly CCC for many years, sending and receiving cards from all over the world.  For April my card stayed in the US, which was good, since being sick delayed my getting it in the mail.  I loved the color combo of silver, evergreen, lilac.  You don't have to use the exact colors.  
The bouquet from Alex Syberia Spring Garden was silver embossed and I used the stencils to add the color.  My inks were CN9 Grape Soda & Lilac, Altenew Forest Glades & Frayed Leaf and a light and dark gray.  I added silver splatters and Taylored Expressions glitter dots.  
Someone gave me the diecut sentiment which I brushed lightly with gray.  There's a short video in my IG postNancy suggested I add this card to Color Hues Lilac and Lime challenge.


Ever since I saw the blackout techique with embossing folders, I wanted to try it with blue ink.  A reel on IG inspired me to do it now.  
I colored some of the images on the debossed side of a panel using SSS Vine Canopy folder.  This time I used alcohol markers.  Then I rubbed over the entire panel with Versafine Clair Blue Belle and splattered with white gauche.  Really love how PTI Skinny Diagonals Frame made the perfect border without covering up too much of the design.  I used PTI Dark Indigo for the mat.  SSS Stitching Butterflies were die cut from vellum twice to make 2 layered butterflies.  I attached the pieces only in the center and then added the bodies colored with the same marker as the berries. 
SSS Painted Hugs diecuts were stacked and covered with glaze.  Hard to tell, but there's just a bit of sparkle from the Stickles on the bodies.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like the look.  I'm entering SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday and Word Art Wednesday
I'm happy to say I'm doing much better.  I'd feel 100% if only my ears weren't still plugged!  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



14 comments:

  1. Oooooo, Greta...this is SO pretty. Such soft sweet tones on this lovely floral. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always so grateful to have you play along with us, and I hope you'll join us again real soon. Have a blessed week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose for the Card Chain Challenge card. Such a beautiful card. So glad you're part of the Card Chain Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, Greta! I love what you've done with the colors on the first one. So happy you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Greta. Love the soft colours on your first card and how outstanding is your second one. Love the double vellum butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know I love both of these cards! Your card for Color Hues is just so elegant and beautiful and the colors are perfect. And as far as card two, the vellum butterflies was a perfect addition. Thanks for supporting our challenge at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful cards, Greta! I'm so glad Nancy got to you so you added that purple and lime beauty to our gallery. It certainly looks like it was created specifically for the Color Hues gallery! Hope you'll be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful Greta, but the colours on the first really appeal.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are feeling better now. Lovely cards. That embossed one looks great in blue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely cards, Greta! I'm especially smitten with the first; you've really made lilac and lime the stars of the stage with these beautiful florals. Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Lily sends woofs to Fritz!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards, Greta! The first one is just so elegant. I love how you used blue ink for the "blackout" technique. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love both cards, Greta - card one is stenciled beautifully and I love how you've colored the embossing on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, such gorgeous cards, Greta! Great design and beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, this is fabulous! Nancy was right to have you add it to our gallery. And your second card is even more fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Greta! Love them both! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hue Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.