Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Friendship and Sympathy

The Altenew April Inspiration Challenge is about to close.  I've seen a lot of embossed black out cards lately.  Two of the designers are Barbara Tarayao and Karen Dunbrook.  Decided to give the technique a try using Altenew's Floral Acanthus embossing folder. 
I colored the images on the debossed side using a small blending brush and Distress Inks fired brick, dried marigold and weathered wood.  Have to say, I love those colors together!  Then I used my Versafine Clair Nocturne ink pad to cover the panel.  I love how there's a bit of the black on the images that gives them more definition.  Almost forgot the white splatters and they really do step it up. I used black glossy cardstock for the mat and Altenew's Fancy Hello.  Finished with black enamel dots.  Now I'm anxious to try more folders and different color combos.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
I needed 2 sympathy cards for sisters who lost their nephew to colon cancer.  I prefer simple cards to send condolences and usually use nature images.  
My stencils from The Greetery have been waiting to be used and made the perfect background for the silhouette image from The Cat's Pajamas.  The stenciling was done with Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue and the silhouette was stamped in PTI Weathervane.  I used Versafine Morning Mist for the sentiment from PTI Wildflower Garden.  I used MFT rectangle dies to cut the Weathervane and white panels.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely trio of cards, Greta. The first is quite striking, and the sympathy cards are soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on card one, Greta and I love the stenciling on the second pair of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful colors on the black out card. I do want to try that too and I love how your card came out. You have the prettiest Brilliance ink colors and this is another good one with the stenciling. I hope you are back to 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Greta, your Altenew card is striking! Love the simplicity of your pretty sympathy cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning first card Greta. I love this technique and just love the elegance of your other cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards. Your inked embossing folder has turned pout really well. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning set of cards, Greta! The first one is just so elegant and the sympathy cards are so soft and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely cards, Greta! Very pretty colors on your flowers for your first card! Love the elegant hello die, too! And, perfect beautiful sympathy cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.