Saturday, May 18, 2024

Friendship and Sympathy

I received a lot of beautiful, new products thanks to being a guest designer for Altenew's April release.  One of the 2 layering floral die sets is called Anemone Blue Poppy.  The first time I used it, I cut the flowers from colored cardstock.  For the Altenew May Inspiration Challenge, I wanted to try blending white diecuts with inks matching the challenge colors.  Boy does that give a very different look and really is my favorite.  
I used a variety of Altenew inks for the flowers and the leaves and splattered with white gouache.  Hopefully you can tell that the bottom flower is shades of majenta and the top one is shades of red.  Wasn't sure that would work with just 2 flowers, but I actually like them together.  The Deck Planks folder is one of my favorites.  This time I used a black panel and lightly swiped the debossed side with white pigment ink which really brings out the design.  
The sentiment is from one of the stamp sets in the April release: Morning Glory Outline.  I black embossed it on vellum and used the matching die.  I received 3 sets of Gem Sparkles--all beautiful!  Each set has 3 different colors that go together.  The ones I used here are the lightest in the Smoky Quartz set.  They actually have a pink cast to them, so were just right for this card. 
It's always sad when a sympathy card is needed.  But it's especially heartbreaking when a young wife and mother is lost to cancer.  
I embossed a beautiful Penny Black floral image on a panel blended with Distress Oxides bundled sage and speckled egg.  It was given to me without the packaging, so I don't know the name.  I wanted a soft look, so instead of gold powder, I used Stampendous Moonstone. 
The sentiment from another old PB set called Eloquence was also embossed.  I added a couple cardstock layers before attaching the panel to a white card.  I'm entering Penny Black Saturday Challenge and Word Art Wednesday
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

12 comments:

  1. The first with the pink blooms is so striking Greta, the second with soft colous and gold embossing very peaceful and perfect for purpose.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunners Greta. Love your flowers on the first card. They certainly pop on the black background. And the soft elegance of your sympathy card is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really beautiful and special cards. Your sympathy card is so special. What a sad situation xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful floral cards, Greta! I'm so sorry you needed the sympathy card. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful! Thanks for sharing your 2nd card at PBSC:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are Stunning cards Greta, I love the colours and dies on your first one, Congrats on being GDT. Your second is so elegant and soft, but perfect for the very sad passing. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous set of cards, Greta! The blooms on the first one are amazing and the second one is the perfect example of how to create a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Greta, sympathy cards are hard...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card using the beautiful flower dies for your first card, Greta! Your second card is just as lovely with softness and elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous anemones on card one, Greta and I love the embossed spray on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Greta. Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge with your second card. Love the soft colours and pretty flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.