Thursday, May 9, 2024

Time Out Challenge #263

We have a fun theme for Time Out Challenge #263:  Alphabet Magnet Day.  To be honest, I had no idea what that was until I googled it.  Here's what I found:  "National Alphabet Magnet Day recognizes the ingenuity and creativity of making words from magnetic letters."
I love using stencils, so pulled out an old favorite: Altenew's Wonderful Wreath.   I inked through the stencil, moved it and inked again using CN9 Sea Glass, Tidepool and Clover.  I like the fresh, springy look of those colors. 
For the berries I used CN9 Blueberry.  Gina K Friend Caps die has a font similar to most magnetic letters, so I die cut it twice for thicker letters and inked with the 3 greens.  Not sure you can buy ombre magnetic letters, but wouldn't that be a good idea?!  I used Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the berries and diecut letters.  
The little word from Altenew's Floral Frame was stamped in Blueberry.  The look was just too plain for me with so much white, but tiny splatters of green and blue took care of that!  Our sponsor is Altenew and the winner also gets a chance to guest design with us for a future challenge.  Check out the great inspiration from my teammates and our guest designer.  Hope to see you in the gallery.
I'm entering SSS Monday and WAW.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


11 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Greta! Love the wreath and friend sentiment in beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Greta! Love the soft palette and yes, ombre alphabet magnets sounds like a great idea! Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the theme. Love the ombre effect on the letters and those rounded corners. The simplicity of the wreath keeps it perfectly CAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is so pretty and fresh. Your color choices are fabulous and your alphabet dies are perfect for our challenge. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty CAS card! Those two colors are gorgeous together, and I love the ombré letters under that wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of your design, Greta, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Greta. Love the colour scheme you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty wreath & I love the ombre block letters for the FRIEND, Greta - fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous in the tone on tone colours Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect take on the challenge inspiration, Greta! Love this fun, fun design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.