Monday, May 6, 2024

Turnabout Card

Surprise!  Yep--back in a day because Just Us Girls Color Week gallery is about to close.  I've been wanting to use one of my CN9 Turnabout stamps and decided Lovely Blossoms would work well using the challenge colors of Peach, Lavender, Gray.  
Pretty sure I've never used that combo before, but I do love pastels.  Decided silver would look good with it, so pulled out CN9 Nectar and Lilac along with Lawn Fawn Manatee.  I silver embossed the 4th turn.  Also hadn't used my Frantic Stamper arch dies in awhile, so used the largest one to die cut the panel.  An old Spellbinders die kit included the sweet flowers & stems that I thought went well with the background.  I used the same inks to color them and arranged them along the side.  The Pinkfresh Perfect Sentiments are such a great font and now that I've cut apart the stamps, I can actually use them!  Hello was stamped in Manatee and covered with Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  
I don't have all that many silver embellishments, but I did find very old Stampendous Diamond Dots in my stash.  The tiny ones fit perfectly in the flower centers and the big ones added a little sparkle to the card.  They're flat, so also mail friendly.  I wanted a bit more silver, but didn't have a larger arch die.  Luckily, I thought of just adding a strip of silver metallic cardstock and that was just what it needed.  Not a typical card for me, but it's fun to do something a little different.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



13 comments:

  1. The soft pastels are very pleasing on the eye and the hints of silver a great idea as all works together so well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and delicate. I love the color combination you chose and those flowers are so beautiful. A wonderful card, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe not typical but definitely terrific, Greta. That turnabout worked great for the background and I love that you used silver embossing on it. The flowers match it perfectly and give a lot of dimension. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely. I have that turnabout stamp and haven'y used it in a while. Thanks for the inspiration. Great idea to emboss the fourth turn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Greta, such pretty colours. I haven’t heard of Turnabout stamps, so I Googled it. I think they may be something I ‘need’. 🤣 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful take on the JUGs color combo, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pastel dreamy take on Bobby's colors, Greta! This is such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous in the soft colors, Greta - love your combo of elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, Greta. The colors and design remind me of your style coming through fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Greta. Such pretty colours and your design is stunning. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and elegant! I bet the silver shines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta, I am late to the party, but this is just so beautiful, and I had to stop by. Great job with the colors, and thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely color combo! Wonderful design and love the delicate flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.