Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Time Out Challenge #256

We're back with a fun photo inspiration for Time Out Challenge #256.  Sarah Gray is a former DT member and the owner of our sponsor, Funky Fossil Design.  All you have to do is make a card inspired by the one Sarah made in the photo below.  In addition to the 25 pound gift certificate to Funky Fossil, the winner gets an invitation to guest design for a future challenge. 
I used a splatters stencil in the background, but mine is coffee splatters instead of paint.  My card is a rectangle, but I basically followed Sarah's layout.  There are lots of ways you can be inspired and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the gallery.  Remember, we only allow cards entered in a total of no more than 5 challenges including ours.
I used Lawn Fawn Manatee ink with Tim Holtz Splatters stencil.  The Stampendous sentiment was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.The stitched rectangle is MFT, the cups are Trinity Stamps (freebie), the snowflake embossing folder is Darice and the little hearts are AJVD.  
I used a detail brush to add white pigment ink to the snowflakes before covering them and the word Friend with Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  Black enamel dots were just the right finishing touch.  I'm sending this card as a Valentine to a blogging friend, wishing we could meet for coffee.
I'm entering SSS Monday and SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


21 comments:

  1. What an awesome card Greta. love how you used the splatter to be from your coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coffee and friendship card. Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little card with a great sentiment and those 2 embossed pink cups. Sharing coffee with someone is a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous valentine's card Greta! Love the embossed cups and the hearts and this lovely bold sentiment! The splash was ingenious!
    Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful and beautiful card Greta, love the embossed cups. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, this would make a sweet sign in a cute little coffee shop! I love how the words are set up! Those ups with their flowers are as sweet as can be too! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, love the use of the coffee splat in the tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and sweet take on the inspiration card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like those pretty little embossed cups! Your pink and gray palette is wonderful too. Sweet card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and feminine with the sweet little pink cups, Greta! Using coffee splatters is such a clever take on the photo! A beautiful creation! Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coffee card is so pretty, Greta! Love the pink embossed cups! Great splatters, too! I'm enjoying a cup of coffee as I am commenting on blogs, yum! And, I wished we lived closer to enjoy a cup of coffee together! Have a a great weekend, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on Sarah's inspiration piece. The coffee cups with splatters was a great idea, and you did a wonderful job with the layout. I LOVE that sentiment too. Such a great CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic take on Sarah's card! I love the subtle splats and the sweet pink cups! I have this sentiment stamp and you've inspired me to use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful color palette. Greta and the way the cups have the spatter around and the layout, ties it so well to Sarah's card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Greta: I enjoy looking closely at all the details on your cards that often get overlooked. My eyes aren't great so I had to put on my glasses and zoom in (lol). Your cards are always so pretty and so interesting. Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning. It's always so nice to have you visit. I miss chatting. Hope our paths cross again soon.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could drink coffee forever from those sweet little cups. Great card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card, Greta! So many layers of ink and paper. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your pair of pink cups with the coffee splatter, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely, Greta. I love the pretty cups, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a Fantastic card, Greta. Love how you got inspired by Sarah's card.. So beautiful. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  21. You took the layout and made a card with a different look, Greta. I love that large sentiment and the coffee cups to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.