Friday, January 12, 2024

Snowman

When I saw the Snowfall theme for the January Memory Box Challenge, I knew I wanted to use their fun Scribble Snowman, a gift from a sweet friend quite awhile ago.  
The solid image was die cut from MB white iridescent glitter cardstock.  Took me multiple tries to figure out what colors to use for everything else!   Eventually I found an old light blue cardstock that worked for the background.  Then I pulled a navy blue scrap out of the box just big enough for the snowman outline, mat and Winnie & Walter word.  
Now I can also enter Color Hues Light Blue and Navy challenge.  The embossing folder is Darice, the snowflake is Impression Obsession and the gloss is from Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  I stamped a birthday sentiment inside for a friend with a January birthday.  Hope the wintry weather across the country doesn't keep her from receiving it in time.  We have a lot of ice forecast, so decided I better get this post done while the electricity is on!  Stay safe and warm if you're dealing with storms.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



12 comments:

  1. Super card Greta, great colour choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, cute card! Perfect for the upcoming snow we're supposed to get soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glittery snowman as well as the lovely snowflake background! That little white snowflake die turned out to be a perfect embellishment. It's always a pleasure to see you in the Color Hues gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I told you in your IG account how much I loved this sweet little sparkly guy Greta, but just had to stop by again and tell you great he looks among all our navy and light blue entries in the gallery! You definitely used our challenge colors beautifully with this sweet, sweet card and thanks again for sharing with us here at the The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stick snowman is a great look. He just sparkles and I love the blues. Perfect for a winter card. Ice is not good so I hope you don't get that. This storm knows no boundaries as it is all across the country. Stay warm and safe. Daisy won't go out in this horrid wind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, what a great snowman. I like that its different. Great image for the color challenge as well. Love this quirky card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that simple snowman all sparkly. Great embossed background too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little snowman! You put him on one of my favorite snowflake EFs. This is a cute card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card to celebrate winter - or in your case, your friend's winter birthday! That snowman is so cute and the background provides wonderful detail. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card, Greta. Love that fun little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has all pulled together brilliantly. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super winter card Greta - perfect colour choices and love the Winnie and Walter word die! Hope those storms aren't too bad, stay safe! BTW, thanks for your lovely card - arrived in the post today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.